Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tender Mercies

Today was the first lab draw since chemo. Trent was supposed to go to the BCCH to have it done so we got up and started getting ready. We were planning to leave around 10:00am. By 12:30 we had barely been able to get him upstairs. He wanted to shower but everything was spinning every time he stood up. I helped him to the bathroom where I could see I was losing him. I told him to hurry and lay down on the floor before he fell. He was so lightheaded! I hurried and showered him and practically carried him back to the couch. I had no idea how I was going to get him to the lab. Right then our home health care nurse called. She said she had just talked to Katie, our nurse at the Huntsman, who had put in orders for home health care to come draw labs. I was amazed! Heavenly Father is really watching out for us and guiding us through each day.

Yesterday I had to order some wound care supplies from our local DME. I called all over town to find the things i needed and couldn't find them anywhere. So I forked out a bunch of cash to get them here by this morning. Unfortunately they did not participate with our insurance so I had to pay for it myself. Then I went to pick it up this morning and found that the lady had ordered exactly what I told her not to! I was so mad! I had to really concentrate on not being mean to her. So I took my $40 tube of antimicrobial (the only thing she got right) and left. I wasn't sure what to do and where I would be able to find the supplies. I went home and almost immediately got a phone call from IHC DME asking if there was anything they needed to send me. WOW! Twice in one day! I was shocked! I asked if I could get the supplies I needed and lo and behold, I could. They even got our insurance to pay for it all--and they DELIVERED TO MY DOOR!! I don't know what we are doing to deserve these blessings but I will take them.

Unfortunately Trent took a turn for the worse and I had to call and get an IV for him. Home health brought us a bunch of fluids to start pumping through him. Luckily all of that can be done at home. Katie, our nurse, called again and said that Trent's counts were low enough that he needed more antibiotics. Luckily I already had them from when he was hospitalized in Nebraska. We are going to do all that we can to keep him out of the hospital until round three. He hates being tied to that darn IV pole but it is only temporary!

6 comments:

  1. Wow. how lucky. Except if you are the lady who got the order wrong :( Way to concentrate on being nice to her. I don't know why, but that is cracking me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Holly, you guys are going through so much! We are praying for you! Glad the OJ is working for now, keep grapefruit juice on the list, that was the only thing I kept down for months when pregnant, maybe it would work for chemo nausea too? It doesn't burn on the way back up. Has to be cold and the good stuff, unfortunately the cheap kind is gross! Keep your head up your doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely deserve the little blessings you are receiving!! And much, much more! I can't imagine what you are going through. It breaks my heart. We are praying for all of you continually and hoping for a quick and complete recovery. We love you guys! If there is anything we can do, please let us know!
    (Trent's cousin) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would that be Katie Thomas? If so, she's amazing. She's been a lifesaver for us! I'd still love to talk to you sometime...we have so much in common through this. Our lesson in RS today was on adversity...I just wanted to leave the room. Anyway, my email is sehoffman76@gmail.com, or my phone is (208) 233-1991. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly.. noticed it has been a few days since the blog has been updated.. Hope things are well for you guys.. we are still praying for you guys.. Love you.. miss you and can't wait for our fun date night.. As soon as Trent feels up to it

    ReplyDelete