Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Monday, May 31, 2010

Chemo: Day 5


Trent: It was great to see the kids today. It was a huge plus waking up and knowing that my kids were coming. It made a huge difference for me. I loved having them come to the hospital and get to be with them and love them. That was definitely a high point. The afternoon was a low point. But then we decided we had to win every day so we made it a winning day.
This is what keeps me going...always looking at my family and knowing I have to beat this for them.

Holly: My take on today-I almost thought that it was another win for cancer. I might have said so much to Trent too. But he turned it around. He had a rough day with the vomiting and pain but he was not going to let it get to him. We had fun with the kids around lunchtime. We brought lunch and games for them so they didn't just sit around and look at Trent. I had prepared them beforehand as to what he looked like with the tubes and such and they all did great. Mallory even snuck up to Trent and laid her head on his and said, "We got this beat, Dad." Oh what a sweet girl she is! It was so good to have all the family together. We had a ton of fun until Jonathan needed a nap and that was the cue to leave.

After I had dropped off the kids I came back to the hospital and coaxed Trent outside in the wheelchair. He could only handle it for about two minutes and then we headed back inside to rest. Hopefully next time it will be long enough to make it worth all the manuvering with the wheelchair, the IV pole, the elevators, and the doors! Seriously I think they could work out a better system!



Dinner time was good. Trent was so sick of hospital food he asked for a Subway sandwich instead. So I ran across the street and got one for him. He downed some jello-which he promptly threw up, then downed the whole sandwich and a bowl of fruit. We were happy about that. He is down a few pounds since he came in but his weight has been all over the place. He started out by going up about ten pounds-mostly fluids they were pumping in, then back to the original weight, and now down a few. Besides the five day shawdow he is looking okay.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. The difference is tangible. We are going to beat this and all the love and encouragement is going to make the difference!

7 comments:

  1. He's looking good. Sick, but good. Mallory has it corret, We've got this beat!! I know it will be really hard to have your kids in Utah, but it won't be too long and you guys will get there. Better days are just around the corner. You know...when you finally feel good it will start over...BUT with great results, it will be worth it. Can't wait for you to get to Huntsman and get on their program. Good night...I love you forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pictures are great!! looking good:)
    what a sweetheart mallory is:) everyone could use a little mallory, eh?
    so, since we're keeping score, i thought i'd give a little cheer...

    L E T S GO
    let's go, let's go
    L E T S GO
    let's go
    ...... then lots of clapping
    you know how it goes!

    you can do it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christie just gave me the information for your blogspot and I'm so grateful that you are letting all of us be a part of this. You are an amazing and beautiful family! We are all cheering for you, all of you!!! Faith and family that is what it is all about! Love you all. Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just keep hanging in there- one day at a time. And listen to your kiddos- they are angels around you. We're still praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for another win, keep those winning days coming XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been reading you blog just about every other day. I love your outlook; please know our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete