Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What's Truly Important

I wanted to thank everyone for their kindness. I'm nervous about what lies ahead because of the unknown but surprisingly, I am willing to turn it over to our Heavenly Father. I absolutely know that after I've done everything I can, HE will pick up the slack. It seems huge at the moment but very fixable. On Sunday I was told of a conversation that happened between Boyd K. Packer and the prophet, Harold B. Lee about stepping into the darkness and trusting the Lord that we would be lead through those most difficult times in ours lives. It would be nice to know the end in some measure, especially when faced with our own mortality and that's where my faith will be stretched to the limits. I strongly do believe that in the end it will be okay but it's getting to that point with the chemo and surgery that has me somewhat anxious. I don't need to see the finish line but would certainly like to see the darkness swept away to some degree. I desperately want to thank my awesome family, friends, neighbors and even complete strangers who have stopped their busy lives to pray for and support me and my family. This is ugly and I find great solace in knowing that I have surrounded myself with such wonderful people. I will be indebted forever.

7 comments:

  1. You're Welcome. :)

    I'm totally teasing here...I know I have not done much...just trying to bring a smile to your face though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already see through the darkness, Trent. You know what lies at the other end. I say that because you know our Heavenly Father will not give you more than you can bare? bear? WHICH?? And that He will take your hand and lift you up when you think you can not stand another moment. But the other end...it will be beautiful...and you will see your energy return and life renewed. You will survive. You will run with the kids and dance with your wife and get a job!! Wow...a job. Remember...you DO have to go back to work. But for now, do not be afraid of the dark. There are lights all around you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am always at a total loss for words of what i can even say. my words in my head don't seem to be able to do anyone any justice in this situation:)
    so... i will continue to post a ":)" for my comments:) hehe. and know that from me it means "namaste".

    puh-lease tell me you know what that means:) (and actually, i hope it means what i think it does - haha!! )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will conquer this Cancer. "...this Cancer was my great adversary, but I have learned that in this life our enemies can become our choicest friends; the secret is in learning what to do with the conflict.” This was from a message called Learning through Life’s Trials by Larry Richman in the March Ensign. I'm greatful to have you as a brother! Love ya, and hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trent and Holly,
    I spoke with Holly a couple of evenings ago and after our conversation it sounds as though you are completely surrounded by Love, Support, Strength through Prayers and Positive Attitudes which will indeed get you and your Family through this bump in the road. Your families friendship means alot to me and You TRENT have weighed heavily on my mind. YOU WILL SURVIVE THIS TRENT!! I miss seeing you in the hood!! Give me a shout across the street in time of need okay? Hang in there and Take Care.
    a.k.a.....SPARKLEY

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just love and miss you guys so much. It is killing me to not be near you and yours! Especially now.

    If anyone can keep his head above water, it is you, Trent. Your optimistic attitude is the thing that others admire about you. That amazing quality and your faith are going to keep you afloat now. Our hearts and prayers are with you.

    Oh, and can we take a rain check on that late night movie?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trent and Holly,
    Trent this is your cousin Jameson, it has been a long time since i have seen you! Somehow i stumbled on to your blog. I want to let you know that you will be in our hearts and prayers. Holly thanks for posting your story I can't imagine how hard it is to recount your experiences. Thank you both for your examples of Faith! I know that you have been blessed as you have stated but I hope that you are blessed as much as you have blessed my life through this trial!

    ReplyDelete