Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today was spent on the couch and in the hospital, nothing terribly exciting but yet one more moment to savor before the ugly stuff, (Chemo) starts. I'm ready, I guess. There's an uneasiness about the reports we're getting from the Oncologists because of what we're up against, notwithstanding the news is more complicated with each passing day but I'm still encouraged. I was resting with Mallory earlier. She was propping my head up with hers and I was whispering to Heavenly Father about helping me get through the pain. It's amazing how something so indescribably small can bring you to tears. I've never before had an experience quite as jarring as this. Every time I asked for support her reply was that Heavenly Father was already helping. No matter how much I winced at the problem she repeated over and over again that He was. I'm so thankful for her calming demeanor and assurance that help was already there. I needed that reminder because I'm too weak and the mere fact that someone else was certain that I would be cared for in this, my darkest hour was humbling and quite profound. she must get that from her Mom, because Holly has said from the onset of this diagnosis that she was confident the outcome would be okay, not easy, not the quick fix but okay. Holly is my rock!

4 comments:

  1. You have an amazing family Trent- hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trent and Holly, we have only met briefly, but I am Rita's daughter. My mom gave me your blog address, I hope you don't mind me checking in. I just want you to know, that our prayers are with you. You have amazing faith, and good things will come from that. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. You are in our prayers....Hang in there!
    David and Melissa Belnap

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are friends of Melissa and Dan. Our almost 16 year old daughter went through the Valley you are now travelling 2 years ago. We say with fervency, you will be in our prayers! God bless you and keep your family. Thanks for sharing your blog. It reminds me of the many, many blessings we received at Heavenly Father's hands (as well as those of many of his angelic servants on earth!) throughout our ordeal. Melissa may have shared Shayla's blog with you, but if not, her story is on blogspot, too at www.shaylastory.blogspot.com

    The French family

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so amazing to me how in tune to the Spirit our kids are. The Lord knows your strengths and he will help you overcome this obstacle. You are in the best place with an amazing family and ward family. We wish we were there. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete