Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Power of Prayer

Trent's name is in many temples right now. One of the newest is Salt Lake. His name was put on the prayer roll by Elder Sitati of the Seventy who knows my dad. We were thrilled at this because it was put in Thursday morning-when the prophet and the Quorum of the Twelve go through a session there. We were so grateful to my dad for taking that step to get that done for us and so blessed to have the prophet pray for us specifically.

That morning I was in the waiting room trying to get immunizations for Jonathan. And I was just overcome with emotion for no reason. I was trying to hold it together but not doing a very good job of it. After I left I thought that was probably about the time the prophet and the Quorum of the Twelve would have been at the temple. We certainly feel all those prayers going up for us and are so grateful for them. I have been amazingly calm this week-mostly. :)

Thursday night we were just falling into bed completely exhausted when Zach came down to tell us the Jarom had thrown up all over and needed help. Without going into all the nitty gritty I will just say- I usually would not have been so calm about it all. Now we are on day two and children two and three of the Barfscapades and I have yet to loose my cool about it. Those angels are working overtime on me!

Then this morning my boss showed up again-with another four boxes of food and supplies for us! His Bible group is amazing! They even had little toys for all the kids. I just can't believe the generosity of strangers! We continue to be blessed beyond belief by strangers and loved ones alike. We are so lucky to be surrounded by all these amazing people. It makes us see how much we can improve and inspires us to be better.

We have just started a fast for Trent. We really need to see immediate results from the first cycle of Chemo which we will start on Wednesday. If not, this is going to get pretty ugly. Who am I kidding-it's already ugly. But our spirits are high and Trent has done much better the last three days. He has not even used his walker! The pain is more under control and now that he has a sleepaid he has been able to get some good rest. Hopefully he won't get the barfs from the kids before Wednesday! Thank you all for your prayers and fasting!

5 comments:

  1. We are praying for you too (although we aren't nearly as spiritual as President Monson)! Good luck this week, we will be thinking about you. You guys are great! And tell those kids to stop puking.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trent and Holly,

    As we went through church today the lessons seemed more applicable than ever. Emotions are close to the surface and we shed a tear or two for you all. Please know you are in our constant thoughts and prayers. The fast was a great experience for us today and we felt closer to the comforting spirit than we have for awhile. We love you. We hope you feel it. The other day I heard a quote that's very applicable. I put into my phone because it impacted me so greatly. "Adversity doesn't build character-it reveals it." I have found this to be absolutely true...and the tender mercies that follow behind are sweet. God bless!!! AJ and family

    ReplyDelete