Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Tough Week

This round has not been going as good as the last round did. Since we came home Trent has steadily gone downhill. Somehow he still managed to get in a movie with his friend, Nate. I didn't think it was a great idea to go but Trent wasn't really paying a whole lot of attention to what I was thinking. He loved the movie though so I guess that counts for something.

Watching Trent be sick kind of makes me mad. It makes me mad that we have to do this and mad that it is not going as well as it did last time. So I try to control what factors I can and sometimes that interferes with Trent's line of thinking. I have kind of tried to stay away from him a bit this past couple of days because I can tell I irritate him. And let me be honest, he irritates me too. When he doesn't feel good he says things that I don't want to hear and it irks me. He talks more about the 'what ifs' and I hate that. I hate it because I know it is all a possibility and I can't change that. But then things happen to remind me what we are learning through all of this. For example...

Today in church Zach gave a talk in Primary. He wrote it all himself and even added a picture of Trent to his outline. He gave a basic overview of the things we have been through the past few months. At the end he bore his testimony that God is a God of miracles, then he started to cry, and said he had seen too many miracles to ever doubt that. Oh my gosh that boy makes me cry! Every adult in the room was in tears! One lady came and told me what a sweet, spiritual little boy I had. She is right, he is a kid way beyond his years in many ways.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that boy. Hang in there, Mommy. You're doing everything right. I have no doubt about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your son was telling the world what they needed to hear. The Lord works in different ways and your son was in tune with that. That is something to be proud of and greatful at the same time. It sounds like Trent is in good hands. No one said it would be easy, just worth it. Hang in there Good times will come soon. I think of your family often and your family is in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :*( I wasn't even in the room and I'm tearing up. I LOVE it when kids "get it". Good job to you and Trent for teaching him to recognize, believe, and share the truth . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the ups and downs of this experience and for keeping it real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zach did such a great job. Jacob Has been following your blog with me a bit and we talked about it being Zach from the blog. I think all the kids felt the spirit as he spoke and I was one of the bawlers. Hang in there Rasmussens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is always opposition in all things.. hang in there! And I too, think Zach is an old spirit. What a sweet family you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there, I am a class mate of Trent's from High School. Somehow I came across your blog, and have read it from start to finish this morning. I am so sorry about the "C" word Trent. Hang in there. I remember you being a great guy then, and it sounds like you have turned into a most amazing man now. Your wife though, wow, what a sweetie, but more importantly, sounds so steadfast and strong. Keep up the fight for him and your little kiddos. You and your family's spirit and testamony's are touching many.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm another classmate of Trent's and found this blog via Facebook (someone mentioned it on our high school alumni page). Just wanted to let you know you have one more voice praying for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete