Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Amazing Day

We had the opportunity to attend the baptism of a very cute kid today. The bonus is that it was Nate's son! Suzy's family was so great to us. Her dad actually went to the bishop to request that Landen be baptized 2nd out of 7 instead of 4th so that Trent didn't have to sit so long. Trent got to stand in the circle and help give Landen the Holy Ghost. It was so neat. We had many people that we only barely know tell us that they have been praying for us. You have no idea how much that helps our spirits. It is humbling and inspiring each time we hear it.

I have been amazed all day today at how well Trent is doing. He is tired beyond belief but has not had any nausea at all. His appetite is normal and I am giving him WHATEVER he asks for. It is just so nice to have him doing this well post chemo. He is dealing with the chemo taste in his mouth all the time and that is really bothersome but we do our best to mask it with juice and lifesavers. He can't even drink plain water because it is so metallic tasting. Despite that, he is keeping his appetite and looks great. He napped most of the day and when he got up he was normal chipper Trent. I really thought I had seen the last of "Trent" for a while when we started chemo Monday. That was a major reason why I was dreading the chemo so much. Trent just isn't himself, mentally, during chemo and I hate that. But this time I have been pleasantly surprised. I keep thinking the worst is yet to come but all the while I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is as bad as it gets this round!

3 comments:

  1. that is so good! yay! i hope it keeps up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the best to have you guys there!! Hope that things keep getting better...
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete