Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Round Three Day Two

Day two was pretty much as expected. Trent did pretty good up until about 4:00. He had a little bout with nausea but we pulled out every med we could to get on top of it. He was just starting to really feel the chemo and it is yuck. Overall he is doing pretty good so far.

His dad and brother Travis came to spend the a few hours with him. Unfortunately that was right when he was starting to feel pretty crappy. I am sure the visit was nice but he would have enjoyed it more last weekend when he was feeling good.

Grandpa Doug, Trent, Travis
The nurses knew that it was our anniversary today so they worked up a little surprise for us. Our nurses aide Jen called up to the Bistro and had them bring down two huge pieces of cake on a decorated plate. She also brought in a pretty bouquet of flowers for us. It was very nice of her and we laughed our heads off that she did that for us. She knew it was cheesy but she didn't want us to have a boring anniversary. I think this is one we will remember for a very long time!

Yumm!

This is Jen, our Nurse's Aide. She is a total crack up!


Happy Anniversary to US! Fifteen years has really flown by. We have had our ups and downs but it has been a great ride with my best friend. He means the world to me and I am the luckiest girl alive to have him forever. He is the funniest, most positive person I know. Plus, I think he is pretty handsome-even without hair!

Love you Babe! Let's go for another 50 years!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, you two!!! What a fun gift/surprise from the staff, I love it. Good luck with this next round- I hope it goes much more smoothly than the ones in the past!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do that!! i'm about to shed a tear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I'm sorry Trent is starting in with the yucks, but I'm glad you are there for him. I'm glad Doug and Travis could visit. Here's to a better anniversary next year! Luv ya both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The next 50 years for you guys will be amazing! Love the pics.. you two are beautiful together!! :) Happy 15 years!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, hey...tell Jen HI for us!!! She IS awesome. It makes me sad that we probably won't ever see some of these nurses again who took such amazing care of Todd over the last year. There's just no words to express the appreciation we have for them. And what a fun little treat for your anniversary! Gotta make the best of what you have, right? Hope Trent doesn't get too terribly sick. We sure love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surely an anniversary to remember! I love your positive attitudes through all of this. What great examples you are. Thoses nurses are special people too. That picture reminds me when I met Trents dad in Idaho. He came over and gave me a big hug at the cupcake night, and was such a sweet guy. Good luck with this round- hope it kicks the cancer in the tail!!!

    ReplyDelete