Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Monday, August 2, 2010

Living It Up

We had such a fun weekend. We were trying to pack in lots of fun and celebrating because we were going to be in the hospital for our fifteenth anniversary. Saturday we attended the groundbreaking ceremony for the Brigham City Temple. I was super nervous about Trent because of the heat. I took lots of water, pain meds, a hat, a blanket (for his bum) and whatever else I thought he might possibly need. He did fabulous. The weather was perfect and not too hot. We left right after and got him home to air conditioning.



Trent and myself at the Groundbreaking
We were really lucky to have some visits from his family from Idaho. Trent's Aunt Cindy pieced together a quilt for him and then the family helped to tie it at the family reunion. It is absolutely beautiful! Aunt Jean and a couple of her kids brought it down to us on Sunday. We had a really nice talk with them, shed a few tears, and shared testimony. It was really nice. Aunt Jean had a daughter, Nicki, who died from cancer about 12 years ago so she and her family know exactly what we are going through.

Carrie, Quinn, Jodi, Trent, and Aunt Jean
We also got to go out for dinner to Tepanyaki on Saturday night. We went with our awesome friends, Nate and Suzy, whose anniversary is one day before ours. It was so much fun and so good to watch Trent and Nate. Trent has been feeling so good and it is awesome to see him enjoying life. Nate usually wears a goatee and mustache. He shaved it for Trent and said he is not growing it back until Trent is better. He is so great! Nate the Great!
Me, Trent, Nate, and Suzy
We got a surprise visit from Aunt Tracy and Uncle Joe. Joe helped us move from Nebraska and was so awesome. He cracks me up-especially when he is with Uncle Richard. It was great to see them and we are so glad they stopped by. It honestly is so good for Trent to have his family around.
Aunt Tracy, Trent, and Uncle Joe
We had a great day at church on Sunday. Zach bore his testimony and made me bawl like a baby. He is such a great little kid. He is way too mature for his own good. Trent also bore his testimony. He has such a great attitude. He just gets better everyday. Man I love him!
Sunday evening my Aunt Norene, Uncle Todd and their kids came to wish Trent luck with the next chemo. My little cousin Taybree came right in and asked to see Trent. I am not even sure she knew who he was. I think she wanted to see the one her family has been praying for. Aunt Norene kept saying that this one was gonna work. It really helped me to hear her say that. I was trying to think that but knowing how bad chemo is I really didn't want to come back. But it is what we have to do and her confidence and faith helped my attitude shift just enough to get back on track.
We continue to be blessed by everyone's support. I can't imagine going through something like this without "Team Trent" behind us. I am amazed at the love we recieve everywhere we turn. The Lord is definitely watching out for us and has blessed us with so many wonderful people in our lives. You all are truly making a difference for us!

1 comment:

  1. YAY for great weekends! I loved our Saturday night date.. and Trent and Nathan.. just talking like crazy! It was BEAUTIFUL!! Lots of love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete