Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Getting Better

The past week has gotten steadily better. Trent feels pretty good and is back to his normal self in many ways. We were even able to make the trip to Rexburg to see his family for a day. The car ride was pretty good though he was exhausted by the time we got there. We had a great time with his family and even fit in a visit to the Rexburg Temple. By the time we got home he was wiped out but feeling really good about the visit.

Monday we took some family pictures. It was hard, emotionally, but I hope they turn out good. At one point I was having each kid take a picture with only Trent. I let my mind wander just a bit and that was a bad thing. So then the tears started. I am sure in all the rest of the pictures I had red eyes. Oh well, it happens.

We are getting ready for the scan on Monday. We still feel really positive about what we will hear but there is still a fear that creeps in every once in a while. Trent really is doing amazing. I can't imagine he would be doing so well if the cancer was spreading but I am just really anxious to have our hopes confirmed. So, keep the prayers going up...we really need them now!

6 comments:

  1. We are praying for you all everyday... many times a day! We love you guys! I wish we could have seen ya when you were up here, but I am SO glad you got to come visit! That is great! I'm glad to hear he is doing better! We'll keep praying for an awesome report from his scan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prayer of my heart goes to Heaven continually. The desire of my heart is for Trent to be well. I trust that the Lord hears my prayers and knows my heart. Magnify that by thousands of others who feel the same and are petitioning the Lord. We are doing our part. It is all the Lord wants of us. I love the Savior and he loves us all in return. I trust him and his will be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It breaks my heart to read this, because it brings back so many memories. I know what you're going through. You've been in our prayers, and I am anxiously awaiting the results from the scan on Monday. Please tell Dr. Gouw and Katie hello for me. They sent the most amazing card last week, it totally made me bawl. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trent Holly and the gang,

    We keep you in our prayers every day. Thank you for keeping this blog up. You are two amazing people with sweet children.

    Greg and Lorena Bradley and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a happy birthday Holly! I hope that your birthday gift is great news with the scan tomorrow. I will be thinking about you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly~ I am a friend of Trents from high school. You have been in my thoughts and prayers since I have learned about what your family is going through. I have something I want to send to you...but need to know where to send it. Hang in there! Your family is loved.
    Jennifer Ladle Hargraves

    ReplyDelete