Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Monday, September 13, 2010

Latest News

The news was not good. We were really disappointed to find that the spots on Trents lungs have still been growing. There are a few that showed some decrease but the big scary ones are even bigger and scarier. They are too big to operate on or radiate. So they have changed the chemotherapy to outpatient and we will go at it for two more rounds then have another scan. These are secondary chemotherapy drugs which means that they have not been used enough to determine how successful they are. Ugly, so ugly.

We were super nervous going in and both took the news like champs. It wasn't until after we left the office that we had our melt downs. We had some time to kill between the office visit and the infusion so we went to the Visitor's Center on Temple Square to the Christus. That's where I lost it. Trent was mad and I was bawling. As we sat there they kept bringing up tour groups and playing the recording. One line kept sticking out to me. "Let not thy heart be troubled. Do you believe in God?" I had to sit and soak it up for a minute. That is going to be my new mantra. I have to remember that we are in the Lord's hands and He can take our troubles away and calm our hearts.

During the infusion Trent was really emotional. Seeing him hurt made me a wreck. I sat there with tears streaming down my face as I tried to do my work on the computer. I am sure I have a ton of typos that I did not see through my tears! My head is in a million places right now but I am working on getting back on top of things. It kind of knocks you back a bit and it is part of our test to see if we will get back up. Rasmussens ALWAYS GET BACK UP!!!!!

We had quite an exhausting day riding on that emotional rollercoaster that we have come to know so well. I hate that Trent has had to suffer so much and that this all happened to him. All I can do is try to support him and pray like I have never prayed before. It seems like such a small offering but my faith is still strong and I am doing all I can to make it stronger.

While the news was not great, it does not lessen our determination to see this through and obtain the result we want. Our road is just going to be a lot harder and longer than we had hoped.

19 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry the news isn't what anyone was hoping for. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I am sorry to hear of your news today. Thinking of and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hang in there!!! we'll get through this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so, so sorry. :( Your determination and faith are so admirable- you'll continue to be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ramussens,
    We are continuing to pray for your family. Without a doubt I know that it is in the Lords hands..
    We love you..and can't wait for the next round of laughter with you guys..
    Love you
    Nathan and Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry. Lots of prayers for you are coming from these Hamiltons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there Holly. I was in Brigham City a couple weeks ago and thought of you. I was only there overnight and it was the day Trent went in for chemo. Wish I could have stopped in an seen you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers, prayers, and more prayers. And a trip to the temple just for you. You WILL get through this...hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Add our prayers to list. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there! We are praying for you!
    Love,

    The Hanks Clan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry that the news wasn't better! We are still praying daily for each of you! I wish we could do more! We love you guys! You are truly an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't even know what to say, except I am sorry to hear this news. We add our prayers and encouragement to keep your spirits up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those *dang* spots don't know with whom they're messing. All our prayers and the next rounds of treatment are gonna blindside 'em.
    Wishing you both the best of luck. And I hope you can feel the hugs that we all, I'm sure, wish we could give in person- - -

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our Hearts are broken,
    Our Hearts are full,
    Without the Lord we could never endure.
    Much, Much, Much, Love To You Holly and Trent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holly, you are so stong and uplifting even when you are struggling like I can't imagine. You are right...the Rasmussens always get back up!!! Hang in there. We are praying for you and I have a Temple trip planned this weekend. I will be thinking of you and Trent and the kiddos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are wishing you the best. I am sorry that you are going through this. Our prayers are with you and your family. I wanted to come see you but I got sick and you don't need any sickness with what you are going through. Know I am thinking of you and praying for you.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  17. We put your names on the prayer roll in Portland Saturday- youre in our prayers! you can do hard things!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You don't know me, but I am in Melinda's ward in Omaha. I worked at the garage sale today, and saw your blog address. I am so sorry for everything you are going through. You are an incredible family, and I am amazed at your strength, grace, and testimony. Just wanted to tell you that. You are in our prayers. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete