Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Settling In

We arrived home to a WELCOME HOME AND TO THE LAND OF NED banner the kids made, and an empty house.  That was just right.  Trent got all settled into a comfy chair just as the kids were getting home from church.  After the travel he was pretty sore and tired but in good spirits.

Since then he has been pretty tired.  We both are.  My mom and dad and the kids moved his bed upstairs so he doesn't have to tackle the 14 step staircase just yet.  They had his room all pretty and ready for him when we came home.  I have been sleeping on an airbed that doesn't quite stay inflated.  The last couple of mornings have been pretty hard for me because I am up several times at night with Trent and then I wake up with a sore body because of that darn bed.  I really have to focus on choosing my mood and not letting the lack of sleep get to me.
A very tired Trent, resting in his favorite chair.
As far as the recovery goes, there have been no hiccups so far.  I check Trent's vitals a few times a day and keep him on a strict schedule with the inhaler and breathing practices.  He is getting around better but is still quite sore at the incision site.  I would be too if I had a 14" slash around my ribs!

Trent is having a little bit of anxiety the last couple of days.  He has had some bad dreams and is frustrated about being sick for so long.  Dr. Carr didn't want him to resume his anxiety medicine so I guess we will try to keep him calm with music and some essential oils.  I really need to learn some good massage techniques so I can help him the way Evan did.  That was far better than taking any pills!  

Although the road is slow going right now, I know Trent will "turn a corner" pretty soon.  For the most part his spirits are high.  He continues to amaze me with his strength and determination.  He has sacrificed a lot to cancer in order to stay here with me and the kids.  Amazing, truly amazing.  Man, I love him!


2 comments:

  1. I found when I got home that any little thing can trigger a crying episode. I was watching Dances with Wolves and when that ole egg eating mule skinner got shot up with arrows while crawling along the ground I said, "I know just how you feel." Then I went on a crying binge for hours. Had to call Lois who called the Dr who called me and prescribed Valium. Worked like a charm. Then I cut open two Melons both of which turned out to be totally rotten inside. I wailed, "They're mocking me. They're saying we're rotten on the inside and so are you..." It's the drugs. Still in the system, wreaking havoc with the mind, while sleeping or awake. It's been 3 years. I'm still weird. But Trent is stronger then me. And so are you. I'll be thinking of you and praying for your peace of mind. Rena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! You look amazing... Love ya.

    ReplyDelete