Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 8 Post Op

Yesterday was not too bad although Trent was feeling increasingly anxious and not quite right. The xrays of his chest yesterday and today have both shown a slight increase in fluid in the left chest cavity, which is good.  The heart is only slightly on the ride side and is stable.  Trent is swelling quite a bit more in his lower body and his bowels are giving him fits.  At about noon yesterday Trent was moved to IMCU which is intermediate ICU. Basically it was a little bit of a step down, also a good thing. 

Jan stopped by to see Trent yesterday.  She is so cool!  She told Trent that he is the reason she loves her job.  She said that what is happening is absolutely a miracle.  We know Jan, we KNOW.

Trent had another massage from Evan yesterday.  During the massage Evan and I were talking about our kids and discovered we both had a son named Jarom.  I said, "I assume you are LDS if you named your son Jarom."  He said he was and Trent almost immediately asked if Evan would give him a blessing.  He agreed and came back a bit later with Jerame from PT to administer to Trent.  Evan gave a beautiful blessing of healing, peace, and comfort.  How blessed are we?!  That experience just reaffirmed to me the power the priesthood holds.  It truly is the power of God on earth.  No matter who the mouthpiece is, the blessings are the same.  Awesome.

After the blessing Trent felt really good and had a pretty good evening.  We even got a visit from one of our favorite nurses...Katie!  She said Dr. Gouw's staff is all very excited with how well everything is going and she just had to come see for herself. 

However, once the lights went out he became increasingly uncomfortable.  After a pretty rough night and more xrays, it was decided he needed a suppository, lasix, and blood.  Poor guy!  He is just feeling generally miserable!  As soon as he eats anything his stomach bloats up and becomes very painful.  His legs and abdomen are swollen and sore.  I am just a bit nervous that the delicate balance of fluid will be disrupted by the Lasix.  We are giving the blood and Lasix at the same time to hopefully minimize the decrease in the good fluid that Trent needs and just get it out of his legs.  The first unit of blood has been going in for about a half hour now and already his heart rate is dropping into a better range.  His blood pressure has been pretty good for a day or so now but is looking a bit better with the blood.  His oxygenation is still at 98-100 consistently, except when he walks.  If he isn't careful it dips a bit but that will improve with time.  Hopefully the blood will give him the perk he needs.

6 comments:

  1. So sorry for Trent's discomfort. Praying that the blood and lasix will do their jobs. What a wonderful thing to have a massage therapist who also gives blessings!

    You should have a medical degree by now, Holly! You explain things so clearly.

    Thank you and continued blessings and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for the updates. I wish how I wish the recovery could be easier. Rena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not really know what to say ............. GO TRENT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clynt and our family are praying for all of you. You are our Heros.. you are wonderful examples to everyone. hang in there we love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehe This is Mark Again, no no no my name is not again .. it is me .... I love the quotes I truly do... the thing is is that the things inside you makes you who you truly are I believe. Some may have or even have said that they eyes are the windows to the soul and I have seen the eyes of many a Frandsen as you well know, and have laughed and been inspired by many................... THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly I have to ask , I really do, forgive me for this it may raise a few questions and eyebrows .... Perhaps I have asked before and will more than likely ask again, I even thought about it tonight at work again ... Have you told your kids about the time you called me cheep. hehehhe I still laugh about it. Knowing me I will ask again. I will always hold that in my memory and laugh. Again this is Mark.. and again I ask you to give your family my best.

    ReplyDelete