Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Monday, June 4, 2012

Post Op Day 3

Trent had a little more difficult day yesterday.  I think it was a combination of being that day after surgery that you finally "hit the wall" and the fact that they moved him over to Huntsman ICU.  It was kind of a rough transfer.  There were several nurses and a pretty good sized man to help move him from the bed to a stretcher.  Even during all the pain Trent noticed that one of the nurses was expecting and was more concerned about her than himself.  In a pretty weak and pained voice he asked if she should be lifting him.  That made me smile, he is so considerate!

After they got him moved over to Huntsman he had a difficult time getting comfortable again.  They had taken away the PCA, pain pump, at the U but had to give it back after the transfer.  His pain seems to be pretty well under control now. 

He was able to get up and walk about 10 steps last night.  He got a little shaky and light headed so we quickly got him back to the bed.  We tried to lighten things up a bit by watching, "Hot Rod".  That movie always makes me crack up and Trent was enjoying it as much as he could. 

Towards the end of the evening Dr. Carr stopped by again.  He is pleased with the progress Trent is making and everything is looking good.  He ordered massage therapy for Trent because of his right side still being so sore.  We are all looking forward to seeing how much that helps him. 

When we finally got to bed last night, Trent was up several times.  He kept saying "Spain 184".  Then he woke up in the middle of the night asking how to get to "184 Spaniard Dr."  Trent was frustrated because he had no idea why he couldn't get that out of his head. 

Not a bad day...but not fabulous either.  Onward and upward we go!

3 comments:

  1. My post did not go through I will try it again ... I do not even remember what I said. Where did Trent go on his mission, was he asking how to get to California or something. 184 Spaniard Dr. ... 184 Spaniard drive. There are a lot of songs that ask Does any one know how to get somewhere, ... somewhere. Write it down, someday you just might find that 184 Spaniard Drive. My best to you and your family. ... sent bye Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. The medications made me delusional and extremely paranoid. When I was moved from ICU to my regular room I thought I was in a private sweet and I asked Dave if we could afford this. Then the nurse became a Kathy Bates figure so I had to whisper. Also one of my male nurses seemed dangerous to me and I asked that be removed as my nurse but please don't tell him I requested that because he might retaliate. I was then positive he was in the control room fooling with my monitors and making my muscles spasm violently. Sooooo..be expecting weirdness. And FRUIT. Melon bowls. I couldn't get anyone to understand that's all I wanted. Rena

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a Spaniard Drive in Jacksonville, Florida...kind of interesting! I am so glad to see all those smiling Rassmussen faces! We're praying for NO COMPLICATIONS and that you can both be home ASAP! Hang in there...you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete