Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Test Results

All of the cultures on the blood and sputum have grown nothing. Now we have no idea what the infection was and what was causing the fever. I guess that is okay...it all would have been taken care of with the antibiotics anyway. We are managing each day and what it brings. Trent looked pretty good for some of the day. He was able to be up and spend some time with the family watching iCarly. We used to watch that with the kids all the time when we lived in Lincoln. It was really nice to feel like things were almost normal. We are trying to keep the lines of communication open for our kids but so far no one is really anxious to talk about anything. However, last night when Trent was tucking Mallory into bed, she cried and cried about Trent dying. She wanted to know who was going to be her daddy if he died. He told her he would always be her daddy and that he would always love her. I wish she never had to wonder about that. It breaks my heart! I know the kids are wondering and I think most of them try not to let it be real. If they don't think about it then it doesn't hurt. Jonathan is the eternal optimist-and innocent little cutie! He is always marching around declaring to all of us that Dad is going to be better soon. I really hope that is a little message from above!

1 comment:

  1. I know how hard that is. Talking to our kids was one of the worst things ever...and the comments that the kids made broke my heart..still do if I think about it. Especially the little ones. Praying for you all...

    ReplyDelete