Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Friday, January 6, 2012

Glimpse of Normal Life

Today was pretty good. Trent was able to be up almost all day. He watched cartoons and played trains with Jonathan. He hardly coughed at all today. We have been praying for very specific things lately and today some of our prayers were answered. Trent was in rare form and it was so fun! We got a visit from one of our former bishops and his wife, Blaine and Donna Butterworth. Trent looked and acted more like himself than he has for a very long time. I know they were surprised to see him like that. I was so thrilled to see him act (gasp) normal! During our conversation someone mentioned Arby's...yep, I made an Arby's run after they left. I was happy to do it because it has been quite a while since Trent was excited about eating anything. Unfortunately the happy times didn't last long. By about 10:00 pm Trent was laying on the couch feeling all crappy again. My only regrets today...that I missed a picture of the happy Trent because my camera was dead, and that the good times had to end. Hopefully we can muster up some good times tomorrow too!

8 comments:

  1. Saying a prayer of thanks for this day of grace you enjoyed and another prayer that more will be on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Trent! And many more days like this to come. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a treasure today was! ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful to read.
    Hoping for many more!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Holly, this is Dawn I am Devri's older sister. I have been reading your blog for quite awhile. You have such a beautiful family and inspiring spirit. Thanks for sharing your story. We are sending lots of prayers from Roseburg Oregon your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Holly-
    You do not know me, but I am a good friend of Melissa's...I have been following your blog for several weeks now. I wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers every day. I have seven children and have felt my heart breaking with you as I have read some of your posts. However, the underlying current of love and faith has inspired me and strengthend my own testimony in the fact that the Lord is truly in charge of this journey we call 'life.' I send a big, long cyber hug to you from me...you are a remarkable lady. THANK YOU for sharing your journey. H-U-G-S!!

    ReplyDelete