Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Monday, January 16, 2012

On the Upswing-I hope!

Trent seems to be doing a little better today.  I think he hits his low point in chemo pretty early because his bone marrow has been wiped out so many times before that it doesn't take much to wipe it out now.  Friday and Saturday were pretty hard for Trent.  Sunday he had some pretty intense pain for a short time but we got that under control, mostly, and he was pretty good after that.  Brother Law, our elders quorum pres, and his son, Justin brought Trent the sacrament yesterday.  I know he appreciates that so much.  Trent hates to miss church and is often willing to try to come when I have to say 'no'.  We have had a few 'episodes' at church that I do not wish to repeat so it really is better for Trent to stay home for now.  I hope by next Sunday he will be ready to go.

Trent is still struggling with agitation.  He worries so much about what each kid is doing that he gets all hyped about stuff he could really let go.  I tried doubling up on the Valium last night and this morning, which Dr. Gouw suggested if we are not seeing a change.  I hope that does the trick for him.  I was hoping it would also help with the night sweats but so far, nada.  No help in that category yet.  If I could get Trent to sleep all night without sweating or having to use the bathroom I think he would be one happy camper.

Yesterday Trent started coughing up a little blood again.  It must be that point in the chemo.  It started at the same point last time but it landed him in the hospital.  I am crossing my fingers that we are past the danger zone already.  He was a little feverish on Friday and Saturday but never high enough to warrant a visit to the ER.  We immediately started the prayers for no fever and no coughing.  So far, I think they are working pretty well.

Last night we had a fun movie night with the kids and all the blankets and pillows they could carry.  We watched 'Bedtime Stories' and had a fun time.  I didn't even think to get out my camera...duh.  Oh well, a great time was had by all and that made for a great night!

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy that Trent is doing better this round of Chemo. We will keep him in our prayers as well as all of you. Thank you for your faith and perserverance. The spirit just pours from my computer whenever I open your blog, for which I am very grateful.

    ReplyDelete