Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Monday, July 2, 2012

Relay for Life 2012


This is what we did this weekend...Relay for Life!  Actually, the part we played was very small this year.  Next year Team Trent will be back in full force.  I was asked to be the guest speaker at the Opening Ceremony.  Megan recorded it for us and it is just a little shaky, sorry!

The chance to speak for Relay for Life was pretty special to me. It was a great experience.  It came at a difficult time though.  A neighbor of ours lost his battle with Sarcoma and left behind a wife and four young boys.  That hurts and hits way too close to home.  I have really had a rough week and am a bit of an emotional basket case right now.  I am so weary of this trial and would like to see an end to all of this mess!  I am pretty sure I am going to lose my job in the near future and I can't afford a gap in Trent's insurance.  I am facing the fact that I am likely going to have to be the major bread winner for my family permanently and I do not feel prepared to do that with the education I have.  So, I have really been feeling the pressure lately.  That makes for a weepy Holly. Ugh.

Saturday was a pretty good day.  Jarom's soccer team made it to the semifinals in their tournament so we took the whole family up to Eden to watch.  We packed a picnic lunch just in case they won and got to play in the championship game.  Unfortunately they did not win.  They ended up with fourth place so we headed home and made the picnic lunch there.  Trent was feeling pretty good so we packed up the kids again and went to see Brave.  It was a fun movie and we all loved it.  Trent was pretty pooped after that and spent the rest of the day resting.

Yesterday during Sunday School, I was asked by the teacher if I was ever bitter because of our trial.  I answered that I had not been bitter, but I have questioned 'why' and been discouraged. I thought a lot about that throughout the day.  I am not bitter, but I think I am really trying hard to fight off the feelings of despair right now.  We are so close to success and I think the adversary is working especially hard on both of us.  I guess it is time to double up on my efforts and lengthen my prayers.  Onward and upward...

11 comments:

  1. Holly, you did a great job at Relay! You were very inspiring and motivating for many people there. I am always impressed by your blog posts. You seem to write with passion and heart. I don't know if you are interested, but if you ever want more info about becoming a professional writer, let me know. I can point you in some positive directions. You definately have experience and its something you can do from home. Let me know if you are interested. Keep up the fight. You might be weary, but you are not down for the count! Loves and hugs! Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to watch the video...it says it is private. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of and praying for you Holly. You and Trent inspire me every day.

    Carrie Robinson Stevenson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't watch the video, it says it's private. I've been asked to speak at our Relay here next week. They want a caregiver's viewpoint. I am scared to death, and public speaking doesn't really scare me that much. I suppose it's the topic that scares me, and knowing that I'm going to fall apart. I have no idea what I'm going to say. You're amazing, my dear. God knew what you were going to be faced with, and he knew you were strong enough to deal with it. That doesn't mean that it's easy, or that you don't get discouraged, because we are still human. You are an inspiration to me and I look up to you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got me bawling again, woman! I just want to testify that as deep as your pain is, your family's story is working miracles in the hearts of men. Your strength of character as well as your willingness to share your weak moments has helped and blessed countless individuals. I am one who has been forever touched and changed for knowing you. Thank you for shining. We love you and continue to pray for answers, solutions for your family, and comfort in your adversity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good talk Holly, it filled in a lot of gaps and answered a lot of questions I had. I guess I just did not pick up on everything as I have been reading your posts. My best to your family. again this is Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly, I am amazed at you both. We're still with you!!! Onward and upward.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holly, I watched it again..Crying just like I did on your couch. You are such an example. We are with you every step of the way! We love you! Nathan and Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on your speech. Rena

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still so amazed at you and your family Holly. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete