Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Monday, July 30, 2012

Another Bombshell...

Wow.  Mondays stink.  I was fired from my job this morning.  Not such a great way to start the week.  But, on the bright side, I will have the free time I have been wanting! Now the job hunt begins.  Hopefully the insurance won't be too sticky of a situation.  Ugh.  Trent is pretty worried.  I am concerned but optimistic.  When a door closes, a window opens, right?

Trent has been taking the new chemo pills for five days now.  We have been watching closely for any side effects.  It is hard to tell what is what though.  He was sick before he started the pills and I don't think he is any more sick.  He has had a headache a couple of days and I think that might be from the meds but I am not ready to say that definitely yet.

The past week has been rough on Trent.  Besides feeling sick, he is worn down mentally and emotionally.  It is just all so much to deal with.  We have both wondered a little if we are in denial, if we are correctly understanding the priesthood blessings that Trent has been given. Yesterday in church I was sitting alone in Sunday School listening to the lesson being presented by our Bishop.  He was talking about temples.  He asked us to turn to a scripture in D&C.  At the time he said the scripture I was trying to remember the password for the wi-fi in the building and didn't really hear what he said.  I thought he said D&C 13 so I went there and there is only one verse, so I thought maybe he said D&C 31.  When I got there my eyes immediately went to verse 13 for some reason and this is what I found:

"13 Be afaithful unto the bend, and lo, I am cwith you. These words are not of man nor of men, but of me, even Jesus Christ, your Redeemer, by the dwill of the Father. Amen."

In that moment I knew that Heavenly Father was reaching out to me personally. It wasn't earth shaking as I would hope, but a warm, peaceful feeling settled over me and calmed my heart.  What an amazing experience!  I have heard many times of people being led to answers when their scriptures fall open to a certain page.  It has even happened to me before, but not like this.  There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I have a loving Heavenly Father who is acutely aware of our situation, our worries, and our fears.  He also knows of my devotion to Him and that I will be faithful to the end.  No matter what we are asked to face, or how hard the road gets, my faith will not waiver.  I might need a little reminder now and then, but I know He will be there to give it to me.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, the sweet tender mercies of the Lord. Brighter days are ahead. My prayers are with your family. Adele Greene (Doug's cousin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Monday. Tomorrow has to be better, right? Your scripture experience warmed my heart. The Lord is so mindful of you. He always has been. Light is at the end of the tunnel. Whatever the plan is, our Father is our light and there is always peace when we need it most. There is a reason why you have a little more time now and not having to worry about work. All will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. You are always in our hearts:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful testimony, Holly. Thank you so much for sharing this. We'll add you to our prayers as well as you begin the job hunt. Hang in there. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tender mercies from the Lord are there for you. We love you and your family. I will keep you in mind when I hear of jobs around. But I agree with Joey, enjoy the extra time that you have!!! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how wonderful personal revelation is. keep your chin up. He is definitely aware of your circumstances & values you, no matter how overwhelming things may feel. you already have a beautiful scripture there. however i cannot keep this other scripture from creeping into my mind, especially after reading your post. D&C 18:10. it's a great companion to what you've already found, and just really backs up D&C 31:13 --- i guess, it answers the why part if we find ourselves in doubt. ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete