Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

If Only This Could Last...

Life has been grrrrreat! (That's for you, Trent. ;)  After a few rotten days from round 27, Trent has been able to enjoy most of the last week.  He has been busy working on his carving, which is coming along quite nicely!  Just a few more finishing touches and the masterpiece will be complete.

 
We have been busy at soccer games, track meets, pack meeting, and everything else we could pack in.   Last night we took the whole family swimming for FHE.  Trent didn't swim because the water is usually a little cold, but the rest of us had a great time.

We spent Sunday in Idaho with Trent's family and thoroughly enjoyed being in the car with our kids for five hours. I am not kidding!  We really had a fun time talking, laughing, and being together.  We listened to a great talk by John Bytheway, "Five Scriptures That Will Help You Get Through Almost Anything."  One of the main points was a scripture that acknowledged the great love God has for each of us.  Right before we listened to the talk, we were listening to church  music and one of the songs that came on was "Nearer My God to Thee."  In one of the verses it says that everything we have was given out of mercy by the Savior.  It just reaffirmed to me that everything that we have been through, both good and bad, has been out of love.  I don't necessarily think that God lovingly gave Trent cancer, but He allowed it to happen and has guided us each step of way with the attention,concern, and care of a loving parent.  He knows what it will take to make us the best that we can be and sometimes that means we have to be stretched.  We have been stretched to the utmost and I am afraid we are not quite there, but I know He is with us every minute, day, and hour.


6 comments:

  1. Great news! And Trent - the carving looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trent you look great and that carving is amazing. Love that you are able to work on something so wonderful. Good times with the fam....glad you had the opportunity. LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just SCREAM that I love to infinity and beyond that things have been going well? I really do LOVE LOVE LOVE that there has been so much time to do the fun things.. :) That is excellent! Love Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your carving is so cool! I read about Pres. Packer and how he loves to carve and paint. He is really talented and so are you. I'm glad that you and your family are enjoying fun activities. Keep carving out the story you are living. LOVE YA ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, my question is one I have thought about the last few days. I will ask you here and you can figure a way tell me, maybe tell your dad and he can tell me. Any way would be scary at this point. Can you tell me who the cancer is hardest on. Pray on the answer you will give me, please. My prayers will be with your family as always. To answer the question in your mind, I do not know the full reason I thought about it today at work. ....Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. KEEP THE FAITH, THE GOOD LORD IS ON YOUR SIDE. ATTITUDE IS A MAJOR POSITIVE COMPLIMENT

    ReplyDelete