Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Monday, February 20, 2012

Yeah for Feeling Good!

Trent has done so well this weekend!  He has really enjoyed being up and feeling somewhat normal.  He even drove the car to go shopping with Zach and have a little "guy time".  I know, you are thinking, "What?! Guy time is shopping?"  I assure you, it was not my type of shopping.  They went in search of an ipod dock but ended up buying candy and going out to lunch.  So yeah, it was guy time.

My brother blessed his baby this weekend so we had almost the whole family here for the occasion.  Trent was with us every step of the way, hanging out, stuffing his face, and enjoying the family.

Yesterday after Mike (my brother who was blessing his baby) went to his in-laws' ward he stopped by, thinking he would go down and hang out with Trent while we were all at church.  Surprise!  Trent had already gotten himself to church.  I was planning on running home during the last of Sunday School to help get him ready so he could come for Sacrament meeting. I was shocked when I looked up to see Trent coming in at the beginning of the meeting.  He sat on a different row than me and just waved at me as my jaw hit the floor.  I motioned for him to come sit by me and he just gave me that silly little wave again.  What a goof!  I loved it though!  I went to sit by him and threw my arm around his back.  He looked great and was all smiles-for a few minutes.  He had only been there for about five minutes when he asked for pain medicine.  Of course I didn't have it with me because I was supposed to get it when I went home for him.  I ended up going for a little jog home to get his meds.  I am so glad we live close to the church! :)  He did fine after he had the medicine and everyone kept saying how good he looks.  It was lovely!

I know we are all getting very anxious and excited for the scans this week.  Trent wants to pack a bag and fly to Hawaii as soon as we hear the results, no matter what they are.  We'll see...I am not sure I am that spontaneous.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I agree with Trent, Hawaii is definitely the right choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's SO great to read these posts about how well Trent is doing! SO GREAT!! I just know the great will keep coming - -
    and, I hear Hawaii is great this time of year ;) Well, ANY TIME of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Trent in Hawaii. I think that is doable. So glad his weekend was good and extra prayers for Wednesday. Kickin cancer in the tenders. Yep, time to put that disease to rest.....which is kinder than it's been to Trent!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for Hawaii! You won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that he is feeling a bit better. We're praying that the scan results are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're happy that you have been able to be up and about. We hope that tomorrow brings a lot of joy and peace to you and your little family. Please be safe and positive. We love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hawaii.... do it. Glad to hear he is doing so well and feeling pretty well. Our prayers are with you for those results.

    ReplyDelete