Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

THANK YOU SECRET VALENTINE!!! We got a very fun surprise on our doorstep on Monday morning.  The doorbell rang and Jonathan ran to get it. He started screaming, "They brought us something! They brought us something!"  He ran to get me and kept saying he saw a guy.  I was on the phone at the time and by the time I got out there Jonny was lugging in a  big Valentines bag full of cookies and decorating supplies!  How did you know?! One of our traditions is to make and decorate cookies for all the holidays.  I have to admit that I have been pretty bad about that lately.  The holidays always sneak up on me and I find myself unprepared.  Not this time though!  It worked very nicely to have a Family Home Evening about Love and Valentines Day and then frost cookies with all the fun things we were given.  

"Happy Valentines Week! Because we HEART you so much, and think you're great, we wanted to help you make a Valentine's memory.  So slather on the FROSTING, SPRINKLE on the LOVE and enjoy some time together with your family."

The kids were so excited to see what was in the bag!


I ended up frosting most of them while the kids put the candy on.  I love the one at the top in the middle with the eyebrows...I think it is hilarious!  The one on the right side in the middle is supposed to be Jonathan.  :)

Jonathan had so much fun putting EVERYTHING on his cookie.  You can see his little hands at the top of the picture putting more sprinkles on his highly decorated cookie.

Happy Valentines Day!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you.  You have no idea what great memories you have created for us.  We had a fun evening and laughed and giggled at everyone's creations.  This is one Valentines Day we will never forget!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! That pic of Trent and the kids is so very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right up your alley!!! Decorating sugar cookies. Someone really knows you and brought you the nicest surprise. Thanks to your Valentine's Angel or Angels. Everyone looks VERY Valentinish.....

    ReplyDelete