Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Monday, February 6, 2012

Family Time

Thursday evening Trent's mom and sister flew in from AZ and CA respectively. Both of their birthdays were that weekend and it worked out great to have a combined birthday party.  Trent was pretty sick the first day they were here because of that darn Neupogen shot.  Friday he slept most of the day but pulled himself out of bed to have a movie night with the family.  We watched "Dolphin Tale" and the kids LOVED it!  Saturday all of Trent's family came down from Idaho to celebrate the birthdays.  They all stayed at a hotel so we took our kids over and let them swim for hours.  Trent was completely drained but determined not to miss the party.  At one point I was lifting his head off the table so he could eat.  He was so tired and unstable.  

The Birthday Girls---and Travis :)

Trevor, Tracy, Trent, Trisha, Travis, and Troy
 We left part way through the party to come home and have dinner with Elder Porter of the Seventy.  He and his wife were visiting for our Stake Conference.  They were so nice and offered to include us in their prayers.

We headed back to the party for some games and fun.  Trent and all the boys went to the movie.  He had a great time but I was worried he would pay for it the next day.

The next day at Stake Conference my mom was called on by Elder Porter to come share her testimony.  After her, Elder Porter asked that a member of the Stake Presidency do the same.  When he got up I knew I was next.  I just had that feeling.  Thankfully time was short so I didn't get called.  Elder Porter told my mom and dad both that he was going to call me next but in the interest of time, he didn't.  Whew!  Boy did I luck out!  I am sure it was a great meeting but I only caught bits and pieces of it.  Five kids in a two hour meeting is an event nigh unto a marathon sometimes.  The kids were not misbehaved but five kids moving and whispering and asking for treats or paper or pencils can be exhausting to oversee.

Trent finally got out of bed around 3:00 in the afternoon to join the Superbowl party that was going on with his whole family at our house.  He started eating then and didn't stop until he went to bed.  It was great!  His appetite was voracious!   I made him get on the scale expecting to see at least a couple of pounds of weight gain.  No such luck....but he hasn't lost any either, so that is a good thing.

By the end of the night he was looking pretty good.  He was having a good time and enjoyed the food and the game. Surprisingly he got out of bed at 10:00 this morning and was doing really well!  He was more like Trent than I have seen for a few weeks.  We even went for a short drive with him behind the wheel!  I sneaked in and got the hug I have been waiting for for a very long time.  So nice...

He ended the day with a little stomach pain but overall it was a really great day!  I am hoping for one more day like today before chemo on Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Holly! You don't know me, but I have been following your blog for a while now. You and your family are amazing!!!! You have so many Christ like qualities. With every post I read, I am truly inspired! My thoughts and prayers are with you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so amazed that all the Rasmussen sibs were in the same place at the same time! Cool! Also, thank you for celebrating the small things. You keep reminding me to stop and smell the roses. Love you.

    ReplyDelete