Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First Day Home

The first day home has been pretty good. Trent got some good rest last night without all the beeping of the hospital. I don't know how the expect people to get well when they are woken up nineteen hundred times a night! We both slept hard and long. We were up a bit to give medicine and such but mostly it was a great night. We set up camp in the basement and enjoyed a nice quiet day. Trent is more sore today than before and is really feeling the muscle loss but we stuck to the exercise regimen and made sure he was up and walking several times today.

I finally finished the blanket I made for him. I had been calling it the "Cancer Blanket". I chose the fabric to remind Trent that he needed to get better to take his boys camping. Trent has renamed the blanket the "Get Better Blanket". I like the sound of that a lot more. Trent is a guy who really loves a good blanket. I have made several for him and they are all packed up in the storage unit. Hopefully he will grow to love this one as much as the others!


These little balls are lovingly referred to as "space balls". They are actually IV antibiotics that pump themselves in so Trent doesn't have to be hooked up to an IV pole all the time. They are pretty cool and very easy to use.

All in all it was a very good day. It is so much easier to take care of a post op patient than a chemo patient. I am sure it is easier for Trent too!

6 comments:

  1. :) I am so happy to see that smile on his face and know that things are a little bit easier for you both right now! I hope you both get lots of rest and recovery! You both deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gesture to make him a blanket. I'm sure making it was therapeutic for you, as well. Get some rest and take care of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a blanket. That is totally cute and he DOES love a good blanket. You are looking great. The kids are great. I've been a good little helper myself. I may keep Jonathan. Lovin' it when he follows me around calling granma. What a boy. I took Meg for a pedicure. She has cute blue toenails. Tried to con Savannah, but she wasn't having any of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mom!It`s Zach here.How awesome to see your doing great!I can`t wait to come home(even if it`s only for a day or two)! LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Cuz Holly - It's Cuz Gaye. So Dad told you yesterday that I was stalking you on your blog. I have been praying and crying for you and being grateful with you when things are looking up. You my dear cousin are a studette!!! I'm glad that we get to share some DNA together. ( I hope I know how to post this now, :) )

    ReplyDelete