Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Friday, July 9, 2010

Fabulous Day

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Not too many happenings. My Uncle Verle stopped in to see us and we had a great little chat. He is so nice to make the effort to see us. He chatted with Trent for a bit and was so sweet.

I had to step out for a minute because Trent was really craving Subway. When I came back as soon as I walked in the door I heard singing. I had turned on the monitor in Trent's room so I could hear him if he needed me. He was downstairs singing to himself with his mission hymn book. It was so sweet. I eavesdropped on him for a few minutes and listened to his sick little voice singing "Teach Me to Walk in the Light". He has always loved to sing and has a pretty good voice. It was really comforting to me to listen to him.

Then this morning we got a call from Dr. Jones, the surgeon. He had the pathology report and wanted to let us know that all the margins from surgery were WIDELY NEGATIVE!!!!!! That means that all the cancer was successfully removed from his hip. That was huge for us. We cried for a bit, prayed for a bit, and then started calling people. What a blessing to know for sure that the surgery was as successful as we had prayed for.

Then this afternoon Adam, my little bro, came to "babysit" Trent while I ran to the store for milk. It is so nice to know that we have people around us willing to serve us in even the littlest ways.

We are getting really excited for our kids to come home. We have missed them tremendously and can't wait to hug and kiss them. We put together a little movie basket for them and blew up balloons. Well, I blew up the balloons. Trent does NOT have the lung capacity that he used to! We wrote a little storybook for the kids about five little lovebugs who go on an adventure to Hydapo (Idaho) and have a great time. But all the while the mom and dad lovebug are really missing them and remembering little things about each child that makes them smile. They are always connected by heartstrings and the mom and dad finally get so lonely they start pulling on the heartstrings to bring the kids back home so they can all be together. It was a corny little story but when Trent read it he was really emotional. He really misses those kids and it is wearing on him. The countdown has begun...only 10 hours left!

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I'm so glad the surgery was such an amazing success! You are both such an inspiration to me! Thank you for writing and sharing this blog with us. You move me to tears pretty much daily! I love your story for your kids. That is so special. I am so happy that you have been having better days! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay. i'm so happy.
    especially happy because i know the story was actually about me;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JOY! It is the only word for such good news.
    Love,

    The Butters Family

    ReplyDelete