Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Friday, August 26, 2011

Round 16

We just finished getting all the drugs for Round 16.  I can't believe we have done this sixteen times.  The last five rounds are all starting to blur together. It is getting harder and harder to remember all the details, and side effects of the different drugs.  I am so glad I have kept this blog!  I find myself going back to different rounds to see how the drugs treated him so I know what to expect and remember the little tricks we learned to combat the side effects.

It is amazing to me to see the difference in Trent from day to day.  For example:

This picture was taken Tuesday. 


Trent decided he needed eyebrows so he grabbed my eyeliner and fixed himself up right. He didn't say anything about it and called all the kids in for a chat. One by one they noticed his eyebrows and started giggling. Pretty funny.




Wednesday, day 1 of chemo, Trent's legs were pretty puffy so they gave him Lasix.  Thank goodness we were seated right next to the bathroom because he was in there every few minutes.  One time he came back around the corner in this silly grandma wig.  Everyone in the infusion room got a pretty good laugh and Cyd and Brent came running to get a picture with him.  Cyd grabbed this weirdo   african american wig with red highlights.  Quite a trio!


As we were leaving that day Trent found this strip of hair, not really even a wig.  We couldn't decide if it was a comb-over or a mohawk.  Trent chose the mohawk. :)


Out of nowhere Brent appeared-ready for another picture!  We all had a pretty good laugh about that!


Thursday brought more Lasix and a visit from Trisha and Dave.  Trent was still doing pretty good and we enjoyed laughing with them while Trent got poisoned. 


By Friday the swelling had still not gone down so Trent got Lasix again.  He will continue on Lasix for one week at home.  When we left the hospital Trent was still doing pretty good but by the time we got home he looked like this.


This isn't the worst.  As soon as Trent gets the Neulasta shot tomorrow he will go downhill pretty fast.  We are gearing up for an awful week, hopefully not longer than that! :)



3 comments:

  1. Oh, Trent, you are such a funny boy. Sick or not you have always had the humor that cracks everyone up. I hope that as you sink into the effects of this round that you will be comforted by our Father. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trent you are simply hilarious. What a blessing that the Lord has given you such a beautiful sense of humor. What wonderful positive memories you are building... I can totally see your children coming in one at a time giggling as they see their daddy being his silly self. It's these joyous moments that make the world of ugly to stop for a minute and is replaced with such wonderful pure joy- as you were surrounded by such loving smiles. These are the moments that make the unfun more manageable. I will keep praying for more joyful moments for you and your family during this time.
    Much much Love to you guys.
    =) Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guys!

    Sorry I don't comment much. It's kind of a hidden feature but I found how to get here so maybe I'll be more social now.

    Holly, I just wanted to let you know what I learned about backup up your blog. Looks like it's pretty simple, so here you go...

    When you are logged into your blog up on the right hand corner of the page is a link for "Design". I'm sure you've used it before because I can see your lovely tan and blue table cloth theme on your blog. It actually reminds me of your house in Providence everytime I see it. Anyway...

    Click that "design" button and it will take you to a bunch of tabs. Select the "settings" tab. There you will see at the top a section called "Blog tools" and to the right of that you will see the option for "Export Blog". Click that and then press the "download blog" button and it should ask you where you want to save the exported blog file. That's your backup.

    Simple huh? I don't think this functionality was here last year but I could be wrong.

    Is this still your email address: thrasmussen@netzero.net ???

    I traded my Clavinova for a Kawai. I feel like I own a cadilac. I like it better than the Kawai's at the church. Stop by sometime and see us.

    Trent and Holly you are truly and inspiration to me. I'm amazed at how elequently you testify of God. What a blessing it has been to know you guys!

    God bless you and your family. We love you.

    ReplyDelete