Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Round 15 is NOT so Great!

Round 15 has beaten Trent up pretty good.  He has been in bed since about Friday.  He did get up for church but probably shouldn't have.  He has had nausea, diarrhea, unbearable pain, mouthsores, anger, night sweats, sleeplessness, fatigue, horrible dreams, etc.  He has really gone the rounds with this one.  Right now we are waiting to hear if he will be put on IV fluids tonight.  I don't think either one of us would mind if he was.  He can hardly eat because his mouth is full of sores and nothing sounds good to him.  He has been on Diflucan for a couple of days now to combat the mouthsores.

The thought of possibly four more rounds is awful.  We are both getting very tired of this whole mess. However, we are hanging on, by a thread, but hanging on nonetheless.

7 comments:

  1. Keep hanging, you are doing so great xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( more prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "etc"???....the ailments you listed are enough to overwhelm me. I remember my dad getting mouth sores during his chemo treayments...so not fun. I hope he finds some relief soon, and you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is in overwhelming tears for you, for Trent, for your family...
    How I long for all to be made right for your family...
    Just hold on to knowing that Your Spring is coming...
    It is, I know it is.
    How we love love love the Rasmussen's!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep fighting...your battle isn't over yet! You have oodles and ton's of prayers and love coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking about you a lot lately and need to give you a call. Keep hanging in there, even if it's by a thread....sometimes that's all we've got!!! Love you!!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear about Trent struggling so hard! You two are way too nice to be going through something so cruel and mean. Our thoughts and daily prayers will continue to include you and your family in them. I feel so helpless, but wish I could do so much....so I am sending love and hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete