Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Headstone

Yesterday I was really caught off guard when at 4:30 pm I got an email saying that Trent's headstone had been set.  The last correspondence I had with the monument place was saying that they would notify me one week before the headstone would be set.  I had asked for some notice so I could prepare emotionally for that.  It was like the breath had been sucked right out of me.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to see it or not, if I should wait or go right away, if I should go alone or take the kids.  Needless to say, my mind was reeling and I felt like my feet had been kicked out from under me.  Ultimately I decided to take the kids and go right away.  I just couldn't stay away when I knew it was done.  It kind of felt like I had to go just so I could get this hard thing done and move past it.  As we drove to the cemetery I was already fighting back the tears.  As soon as I saw the headstone I lost it.  It is so FINAL, the last thing I had to do for Trent, and it is done.  Ugh.  It was pretty emotional to say the least.  I started taking pictures but soon gave the camera to my little photog, Megan.   I will let the pictures tell the story...
























12 comments:

  1. It did turn out beautiful. I audibly chuckled at "our tids." Brilliant. I liked that part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing Todd's for the first time and remember feeling the same way you looked in these pictures. It's so hard. But Holly, you've survived another "first." The headstone is beautiful. Absolutely perfect. You did a great job on it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly,
    I love the memorial. It speaks to me. It is so You and Trent. Very classy. One more hard thing to check off the list. I'm so proud of you. Your example is one of complete courage, devotion, and discipleship. I admire you. I want to be more like you.

    All my love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ran into your blog by accident and have been captivated by your story. My heart aches for you and your dear family. You have been and will continue to be in my prayers. I hope you know that you have helped strengthen my love for my husband as well as my children and I hope you continually feel your husbands love and presence near you always. May God continue to bless you all!

    Sincerely,
    Heather Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  5. That phrase "forever, for always, no matter what" will FOREVER, in my mind, be synonymous with you and Trent. Any time I hear it or read it, I picture you. Together. Forever.
    This is an incredibly beautiful tribute to both of you... and your "tids" are beyond darling and beautiful! Megan - THAT HAIR!! gorgeous.
    I still hate that you have to do this, but your faith, courage, and strength while doing it is a continual inspiration. :*)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm finally without words. I love it. It signifies all your family stands for. Thank you for the pictures. My heart breaks again but I know you are also holding my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly, it is a lovely memorial. We think of you often here in Nebraska.
    Love,
    The Butters' family

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I love all the information that is on it and how the entire family is apart of it. It is beautiful and I also love that there are flower vases on the ends. It's so pretty and I know that Trent loves it too! He has great taste... I want to see it in person. Nothing is final just on pause until the great Jehovah shall come again. It may feel like the last thing you will have to do for Trent but raising those amazing tids will always keep Trent close by. We are here to help you too. You're never alone but watched over by Trent's love and faithful spirit. I think about you everyday and I never go to sleep without thinking about Trent and hearing is laugh and kind words in my mind. Keep enduring the best you can. Your example is inspiring others. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are beautiful and so deeply touching. Thank you for letting us share such a personal, difficult moment with you. Your family continues to strengthen my faith. The headstone looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beautiful headstone. I'm sorry you had to pick one out, but you've created a beautiful place for your family to gather and remember. God bless.

    ReplyDelete