Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy 40th Trent!

It's birthday week at our house.  I say that not because we have several birthdays but because Trent always liked to celebrate his birthday all week long, or longer.  He was always using his birthday as an excuse, or a reason, to get something he wanted.  Even if it was several days before or after his actual birthday.  In his pleading he would say, "Awww come on Babe, it's my birthday!"  Of course I let him win with that one every time.  It was fun to have him be so excited for his birthday and he was just as excited for all of ours too.  We are going to celebrate Trent's life and eat some "crazy good" carrot cake today.  I am going to do my best to make it a fun day that Trent would be happy to be a part of.  

40 Reasons I Love My Birthday Boy!
1. I love Trent's sense of humor.  That was one of the first things that attracted me to him.
2. His laugh.
3. His eyes.
4. His hands.
5. His 1 1/2 earlobes. When Trent was born he had two earlobes on one ear.  They removed one and it left him with a pretty small earlobe.
6. His spontaneity.
7. His determination.
8. His pure goodness.
9. Trent is a people person.  He can talk to anyone about anything.
10. His sweet tooth.
11. His love of learning.
12. His happy attitude.
13. His happy dance.
14. The Pillsbury doughboy laugh.
15. His handwriting. He randomly capitalizes letters. 
16. His horse whistle.
17. His quirks.
18. His skills as a builder. He can build anything he wants to.
19. His imagination.
20. His love of food and trying new recipes.
21. His courage.
22. His strength.
23. His ability to make a joke out of almost anything.
24. His sincere desire to serve others.
25. His desire to serve the Lord.
26. I love that he let me put my cold feet on him in bed.
27. I love that he put toothpaste on my toothbrush for me every night.
28. His adventurous spirit.
29. I love that Trent is such a great daddy.
30. I love that he gave me Megan and that her eyebrows remind me of him.
31. I love that he gave me Zach and that he taught him to be so respectful and loving to me.
32. I love that he gave me Jarom and that he left some of his mischievousness here in him.
33. I love that he gave me Mallory and made her such a daddy's girl.
34. I love that he gave me Jonathan and pretty much gave me a carbon copy of himself to raise.
35. I love that he endured all he had to endure with a smile on his face.
36. I love his unwavering faith and testimony.
37. I love his willingness to sacrifice everything to be here with us as long as possible.
38. I love that he honored his priesthood.
39. I love that he loved me.
40. I love that he is mine forever.

Trent and I dressed as King and Queen for Mallory's 5th birthday party

Trent's favorite---HUSKER FOOTBALL!!!

On the Field at Husker Stadium
I hope they celebrate birthdays in heaven!  LOVE YOU BABE!  

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Trent! You are amazing- and have one amazing wife and kiddos. So thankful for my knowledge and testimony that families are forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Trent! Enjoy celebrating his day and eating some "crazy good" carrot cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will LOVE it!!! Todd would have been turning 40 this June. Haven't figured out just what we are going to do yet, but it will be something fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Trent.. We love you more than words, we think of you everyday! Miss you in huge bunches, but know that you are near. Enjoy your birthday month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't make your arrival until 11:20 pm. But you bounced in and rolled through the decades with a celestial spirit inside of a perfect body....well except for the earlobe! I thank God that you are my son and I treasure all of our life together. Happy birthday, Trent. Hope you are getting some crazy good manna! And I wish I could have daddy cake. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete