Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Friday, January 18, 2013

Fun-Raising

Yesterday I took the kids to a fundraiser for Paul, a friend who is battling stomach cancer.  We went down a little early and had dinner with Greg and Erin then they went to the fundraiser with us.  We met up with Cindy, a friend from Nebraska who now lives in Utah who was a mission companion to Sandra, Paul's wife. Small world, I know.  I am amazed how interconnected we all are.

Anyway, Peter Breinholt, Ryan Shupe, and Nancy Hansen all donated their time and talents to provide the evening's entertainment.  They were so amazing!  After we had listened to several songs Mallory came up to me and whispered in my ear, "Mom, when are we going to get to the play part, you know where the kids get to play games?"  I told her there wasn't any of that and that she should sit down and listen to them sing.  Her response cracked me up!  She got this really awful look on her face and said, "This is the lamest fun zone ever!  I never want to go to a "fun raiser" again!"  Apparently my 'd' was silent when I told her we were going to a fundraiser!

Not long after that Ryan Shupe sang Dream Big, one of Trent's favorite songs.  It is also the background music to one of our family videos.  Of course I started bawling.  Why does there have to be so darn many 'triggers'?

After the singing ended I was approached by a woman I do not know.  She asked if I was Holly.  She and her husband have read our blog faithfully and recognized me.  I was so touched and grateful that they introduced themselves.  When I write this blog I don't really think about people reading it...it really is a way for me to get my feelings out and process them so I don't have to revisit them unless I want to reread a post. I almost never do that.  It hurts too much.  But, if it helps someone else then that is good for me too.

Jarom requested that Ryan Shupe sing Corndog.  He thought he was pretty cool!
  
Nancy Hansen was so amazing and funny too!

Erin and Jonny

Ryan Shupe is phenomenal on his instruments.  I was so impressed.  He has written some pretty funny songs too. The kids have all been singing Baldy.

Peter Breinholt was so fun to listen to.  I am in awe at the way they all  meshed with their talents.

Me, Zach, and Megan (and some random kid in the back )

Megan, Mally, and Greg--Peace out!

The fundraiser was a success and we enjoyed the music so much!  All the kids were laughing and having a good time.  Unfortunately Paul was too ill to attend and we were sad we didn't get to see their family.  We are still praying like crazy for their miracle though!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a very noble endeavor for you to attend these fundraisers for others as surely they can't be easy for you. You deserve to reap blessings from them!

    ReplyDelete