Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

As 2012 draws to a close our hearts are breaking.  Life without Trent will never be the same.  We are lost, broken, and afraid.  But in the midst of our sorrow is hope.  Hope in our Savior, Jesus Christ, and in His plan for us.  Hope in His redeeming love and triumph over the grave.  Hope in eternity and forever families.  Hope in tomorrow and brighter days ahead. 

We are picking up the pieces each day and trying to make our Daddy proud of what we do and who we are becoming. 

Megan is an excellent student and is enjoying being in arioso, an all girls’ choir.  She has a beautiful voice and enjoys writing her own piano music and lyrics.

Zach is also at the top of his class and is enjoying scouts and learning to play the trumpet.  He has already treated us to “taps” under the flag pole in Trent’s honor.

Jarom is a natural leader and excels in everything he tries.  He has enjoyed playing on his competitive soccer team and learning to shoot guns.

Mallory was recently baptized.  She is also learning Spanish.  She has a great accent and can understand most of what is said to her and is beginning to speak whole sentences in reply. 

Jonathan has changed his name to jonorias and will correct anyone who calls him otherwise.  He is constantly in a costume of some sort such as spider-man, a knight in shining armor, or fix-it-felix.  He is also enjoying preschool.

I am trying to stay busy by volunteering at the schools, serving in relief society, and being a mom.  I have also enjoyed learning to shoot-Guns and cameras! 

We are facing the hardest thing I can imagine but our faith is sure.  We have been blessed beyond measure and are so grateful for your love and support of our family.  May 2013 be full of love and blessings to you all! 


That was this year's Christmas letter.  I wish I could say all was well and happy at our house this year, but it is not.  Christmas was so fun with Trent and this year my heart is not in it at all.  I am sure I am still somewhat numb to my reality, otherwise I would be much, much worse.  I think I have spent the last month trying to ignore the fact that we have to celebrate this special holiday without the most important person in my life.  It has been difficult to decide how to celebrate because it is almost as if we have two sets of traditions...those with did with healthy Trent, and those we did when he was too sick for anything else.  I think we will morph into a new set of traditions and keep the best of both kinds of Christmas.  We are going to try to enjoy the day as much as we can and look forward to the day when we are all together again.  Hopefully it won't be long...

I was in charge of the entertainment at out ward Christmas party this year.  Greg and Erin helped me put together the following video.  I love the ending...

No comments:

Post a Comment