Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Trent!

We had a fun weekend in SLC with the kids.  It wasn't all peachy, but it was certainly a time we will remember.  Trent was a champ through most of it.  I was really worried about how far he would have to walk from parking to the stadium, especially without his cane (which he forgot).  He did fine though.  We have decided that we have officially moved out of the stage of always having a stroller in the back of the car to always having a cane in the back of the car.  That's weird...I thought there would have been many more years in between those two phases. :)

I thought that the weekend would totally wipe Trent out but he was even better when we got home.  I guess that is what a vacation is supposed to do for you!  He had a really good day yesterday and spent much of the day in the wood shop. He has started a relief carving of a couple of trout in a stream bed.  I think it will be pretty cool when he is done.  It is so great to find him chipping away at his masterpiece instead of lying in bed.  What a beautiful sight!

This morning he is feeling a bit punky though.  This same thing happened last round.  He got a bunch of pretty good days and then the day before chemo he felt yucky.  I am not sure what is going on with that.  It is very annoying that it happened on his birthday too!  That's right...today is a very big day for us!  TRENT IS THIRTY NINE YEARS OLD TODAY!!!!  It is especially sweet because we were not sure he would make it to 38.  Now I expect nothing less than 89!  I decorated the dining room last night and somehow between five doctor appointments for the kids, doing laundry, and going to New Beginnings for Megan, I will have to find time to decorate his cake (which I made last night) and make his birthday dinner.

Trent, I hope you have a wonderful day.  You have brought me so much happiness, love, and pain.  Somehow the pain has made me love you more than I could ever have imagined and every moment of happiness is just icing on the cake.  We have grown so much closer together and we fit each other perfectly.  When I am weak you are strong, when I am down you help me up.  I am amazed at how much you can handle, over and over again, and you do it with a smile on your face.  You are the most amazing man and I am in awe that Heavenly Father saw fit to bless my life with you.   Happy Birthday and here's to 50 more! I LOVE YOU!!!

This was taken 5/9/2010 at our house in Nebraska, just after Trent was diagnosed.  Someday he will look like that again!

12 comments:

  1. :) and :(
    can't help but bawl:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Trent! Glad to hear you guys had a fun weekend as a family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for birthdays! Hope it's a good one Trent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Birthday Trent! I've been thinking about you all day! Glad you had a fun getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to you! You deserve this one and many more. What a match you two are. Have a great one... Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the picture. Happy bday Trent. Rena

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have learned to really value birthdays. What an honor to get one each year and to grow old. I do not ever dare to think differently now. It is so more beautiful to honor and share special new years with that loved one in person. Hope you guys got to EAT every moment UP!
    Happy Fabulous Birthday Trent!
    =)Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks change....for everyone....but Trent looks as handsome to me today as he ever has. He's just a cutie...inside and out. Happy YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see you both yesterday.

    Happy Birthday Trent!!

    Here is a reminder of the Spring Social. It will be fun. I hope to see you there.

    Saturday
    March 24th, 2012
    11:00-1:30pm
    Spring Social
    The Spring Social at Cancer Wellness House is festive fun for the whole family! The Easter Bunny will stop by for photos and gifts. Enjoy great food and activities from a special guest DJ, an Easter egg hunt, a merry planting party, a bounce house, piñata, obstacle course and much, much, more! Bring your friends and family and come greet spring with Club Well!

    Cancer Wellness House is a home-like setting offering emotional, wellness, and social support to those living with cancer, surviving cancer and their loved ones. Programs are designed to encourage individuals to actively participate with others in their quest for improved quality of life.
    Cancer Wellness House programs are open to adults, children, family members, caregivers, co-workers, neighbors, and friends. Anyone who has been affected by cancer in some way can participate in our programs at NO COST.

    Cancer Wellness House programs bring individuals together who have had similar experiences to promote peer support and camaraderie, decrease fear and uncertainty, offer hope, and encourage well-being in all areas of life throughout the cancer experience.

    ReplyDelete