Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

No News Is NOT Good News

We waited anxiously all day (and all night) to hear what the doctors from Philadelphia would present to us as treatment options for Trent.  I finally called our nurse, Katie, at 5:00 tonight and found out that there was a technical problem and the doctors could not view the scans that were sent properly so they did not discuss Trent's case.  AARRGGHH!!  It is not really any one's fault but I was a wee bit mad when I heard that.  I had to keep swallowing while I was talking to Katie so I could control my voice.  She was just as upset as I was.  I asked what we were supposed to do, with the tumors growing unchecked and his cough getting worse every day.  She didn't really have a good answer for me and I knew she wouldn't.  I have to believe that this is part of the plan for Trent.  That somehow, sometime, we are going to look back at this and say, "Thank goodness it worked out that way."  Right now, I am not seeing it.

3 comments:

  1. UGH.. not what i was hoping to read. Dang it. Well, hope tomorrow brings better news. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. We felt frustrated for you too when we got your text. Every day of waiting must feel like a lifetime, especially when you're not sure which direction you're heading. We're praying a definitive plan comes into place very soon. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The removal of two lobes in my right lung seems like a walk in the park compared to what Trent's gone through. And I was 58 when I had that done! The bronchoscopies are the WORST!! I hated them too and I always coughed and coughed after. For weeks. Every time I tried to talk I coughed instead. And I can very much relate to the feeling "mean" thing. The drugs change the personality. After 2 years I'm still mean. (Can I keep blaming the drugs?) I'll be thinking of you and praying for the best decision for Trent. Rena

    ReplyDelete