Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Another Twist on the Roller Coaster Ride

We got a call last night from Katie, our nurse at Huntsman.  She was concerned that we did not have all the information we needed to make a decision about surgery.  Apparently the doctors in PA may have some new treatments beyond surgery that would benefit Trent.  In our minds we were making a decision between surgery in SLC or surgery in PA.  Looks like there is a little more on the table.  I called Dr. Karwande this morning and postponed that surgery until the 11th to give us time to hear what the doctors in PA have to say.  Whatever they were going to do would happen next Thursday too.  So it looks like whatever happens, it will happen next Thursday. 

When we got that call yesterday I was a little put off and it took me a few hours to figure out why.  I think it was because our known plan was ripped out from under us. I was just happy to have a plan and be working toward it.  But, I realize now that there is more information we have to have to make the best decision for Trent.  Now we are anxiously awaiting the news from PA. 


  1. It will all work out, and it will be a wonderful plan. Much love..

  2. I'm so glad you guys have had your seat belts firmly fastened throughout this roller coaster ride . . . cause lesser folks, like myself, would've been thrown out long ago and would currently be face down on the sidewalk below, squashed flat.
    But, as we know from the early start of this blog, it is YOU that will be doing the SQUASHING. Of the elephants...
    Thursday has ALWAYS been my favorite day of the week ...