Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Praise You In The Storm

It's rather unusual that I'm able to do much of anything normal, especially like posting on our blog. I have, for much of this last year, desperately wanted to share my thoughts, feelings, and testimony with all of you but the cancer that has ravaged my body to the brink of existence has greatly hampered my abilities. It truly seems that I have been ill to the point where I don't even recognize who I am because of the pain, nausea, vomiting, etc., that have taken a significant toll both physically and emotionally on my body. Interestingly enough, I have been strengthened spiritually in tremendous ways that have helped sustain me with the determination to see this through, no matter what the outcome. I have told people that regardless of whether it's good, bad, or indifferent, we'll be okay. I absolutely know that to be the truth.

It may appear bleak when great adversity is thrust upon us as mortal beings but with the limitless devotion and love of our Heavenly Father, all things are possible. I have a great respect for Him and the Plan of Salvation that was laid out to perfection by the Savior. I sincerely hope that we all get to know Him and love Him for His amazing sacrifice that is available to everyone. I have had a stunning image placed in my mind of the scripture reference to the Second Coming of the Savior that states "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess, that Jesus is the Christ" D&C 88: 104. I would love for that event to unfold now. It would be remarkable to have Him here on earth once again to establish peace and heal the wounds of us all. I know that it's through Jesus alone that all things are possible.

I am more like myself now than at any other time and it coincidentally lands on the evening of a major thoracic surgery. What a stroke of good timing! I love my family, friends, and the many strangers who have made countless sacrifices on my behalf. I am eternally indebted to my companion, my love, Holly. She has born the weight of this in stoic fashion. I will love her forever and am full of admiration for everything she has done.

This event has been completely challenging unlike any I would have expected in my lifetime but my faith has been enlightened and my hope has vastly improved. I heard this song on the radio just this afternoon and it speaks volumes about how I have viewed this entire ordeal. May those who read these words be inspired like I have to see life's challenges through. God speed.

Praise You In This Storm
Casting Crowns
Lifesong
I was sure by now
God, You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say “Amen”, and it’s still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

Chorus:
I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can’t find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of Heaven and Earth

6 comments:

  1. We love you too Trent!! We are so excited for a successful surgery tomorrow! Everything will be just great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a great example, friend, brother, and follower of Christ. He will see you through and always be by your side. He loves you and he knows everything you feel, desire, and need. We love you and know that the surgery will allow you to be made whole. Take is easy no jumping up and down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your journey through this blog. My thoughts and prayers have been with you and will contiune as long as needed. Good luck tomorrow. We are all praying for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Brother! I love you, we love you, we love your family! I too know that in Christ ALL things are possible. My our Father in Heaven guide you and the medical staff through this momentous event. We are praying for you.

    Troy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you Trent! I heard the GREAT news! I am SO,SO,SO, happy for you and your family. So grateful for your example. You and Holly are amazing!

    ReplyDelete