Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Definite Date Set!

We have the surgery date!  February 16th Trent will have surgery to remove the remaining five tumors and anything else that is lurking in those lungs of his!  He is finally on the upswing from chemotherapy.  He was able to go to an amazing performance by the BYU Ballroom dancers last night.  It was actually really fun, I think he was just glad to get out of the house.  We also took Mallory and Jarom with us.  One of the numbers was to a song called "To Dance with My Father Again".  Halfway through the song Mallory leaned over and kissed Trent on the cheek and whispered, "I love you, Dad."  How sweet!  She is a sentimental little cutie. 

After the performance we went to WalMart for a few groceries.  I can always tell when he is feeling better because all he wants is food!  I was thinking we were stopping for just a few things but we ended up going down almost every aisle.  It is especially bad because those darn electric wheelchairs are SO SLOW!  I usually end up pushing it to make it go faster.  I am still a little bugged by all the people who stare.  I am getting used to it but sometimes I would like to just say, "Yeah, he has cancer, move on!"  It is a little awkward to watch  people do a double- or triple-take.  Maybe that will lessen when he has hair. 

Trent made it to church today and he did pretty good.  He has had little bouts with pain and some pretty severe stomach pain, but he is doing so much better today than even yesterday.  Hopefully he will enjoy the next ten days of feeling pretty well before the surgery.  I can only imagine the stomach pain is from all the pain medicine he has been on for the last year.  It was about this time last year that he began really feeling the fatigue from undiagnosed cancer.  It has been a long time since we have seen a Dad that wasn't tired and feeling yucky.  I am really looking forward to a time when he gets up in the morning and gets dressed.  This is probably going to sound dumb but I miss making my bed!  I have probably only made my bed about 6 times in the last year.  He never gets out of bed so it is always unmade.  That is such a small thing but in our lives it means so much.  It means we have a daddy and a husband who FEELS WELL!  It means he has something to do besides lay in bed, sick.  I can't wait for that day!  If all goes well, that day is right around the corner.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for being an inspiration and testimony builder for me for almost an entire year. I know it's been exhausting, but you keep going...and that right there is indescribably amazing. ;) I aspire to be HALF as faithful as you've been and continue to be. Prayers continue to come from me for you! Hope these next few days are WONDERFUL, and that the healing from this surgery goes as smoothly as the last! Better and faster even! Yeah, Team Rasmussen!! You're ALL my heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fabulous report! and what a sweet little mallory you have. :) oh so tender. i hear ya on the bed-making. you'll be able to whipped that bed back together before you know! i've got a feeling there are sunnier days ahead. hug trent for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you guys- we'll be praying everything goes well on the 16th! One of my preschool kids asked me the other day (in regards to Quinns bald head)... "Miss Amy, why doens't your dad like hair? My dad likes hair." (and also, by my dad, she meant Quinn) HAHA

    ReplyDelete