Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Just My Thoughts

I don't want to take away from Trent's post so please read on down the page.  I just really wanted to share some of my feelings and some memories prior to surgery. 

We have looked forward to this day for so long.  We have wished it to come so fast but I almost wanted it to never come.  It is going to be such a difficult surgery.  I have to push the reality of it all to the back of my mind so I don't go crazy.  Trent has been a fighter.  He is so strong.  I am beyond lucky to be his wife.  We have come so far and have this last hurdle to jump.  I hope there is enough oompf in both of us to clear it without knocking it down! :)

We have been so blessed to have Dr. Karwande as our surgeon.  It is just one more time that we can clearly see the hand of the Lord in our lives.  We are being directed and guided through this trial, no doubt about it. 

As we sit now, waiting for surgery to start, my mind is flooded with memories.  We have shared so many wonderful times and so many more lay ahead.  I love Trent so much more today than even last week!  Sunday when he walked into Sacrament meeting I looked up as he came in and my heart skipped a beat.  Still, after almost 16 years, bald head, no eyebrows, gimpy walk, and pale skin, he is still the most handsome man I have ever seen.  I am eternally grateful for him and all he does for me and our children.  We truly have a little piece of heaven on earth. 

Last night before we left for the hospital, we gathered the family together for prayer.  As we talked Trent was expressing his love to all of us and he got emotional.  Jonathan jumped up on the bed and said, "I sorry Trent, I sorry."  He and Mallory took turns rubbing his back and patting his shoulder.  It was very tender.  We are all just a little nervous.  I think we would be naive if we weren't.  But the overwhelming feeling has been peace.  Peace in knowing that we are placing Trent in very capable hands, hands that have been prayed for and fasted for, to perform beyond their natural ability.  Above all, there is such peace knowing that the Lord is watching over us. We are so grateful for all of the prayers, fasting, and concern for us.  We can feel the difference the prayers have made for us.  No matter what the outcome, I know the Lord is mindful of our little family and the struggles we have faced this year.  We have learned many, many lessons and they have been life changing. 

2 comments:

  1. I pray everything goes/went well today!
    Many, many prayers sent your way!
    Nicole and fam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find strength in your strength. Thank you for the good example you have set for all of us. May angels surround you and comfort you at this time. Much love, Rena Smith

    ReplyDelete