Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just Need a Little More Time

Trent is SLOWLY getting a little better.  I really thought the recovery would be faster but it is dragging on and on.  The severe pain has subsided but the soreness and achiness is hanging on tight.  Trent is getting really sick of only sleeping/or not sleeping on his back.  It makes the nights long and sleepless.  He just needs a little more time and happily we do have that!

Trent will see Dr. Gouw and Dr. Jones next week.  He will have an MRI on his hip only.  The thinking is that the chest x-ray post surgery is enough for now to say that the cancer is out of his lungs.  Since it has only been two months since the last CT scan they would like to wait a little longer for a full body scan.  He will have an MRI on his hip to make sure everything is looking good.  He does have a small bump on that leg just below where the incision ends.  It is most likely a permanent deformation because the muscles were cut and there is nothing to make them hang on to the bone anymore.  When Trent was really swollen after surgery it got pretty big and it scared Trent a little.  When I felt it it did not feel anything like the tumor there before.  But to calm all the fears we are going to put a big X on that spot for the MRI so they can get a really good picture of that area. 

The week after next Trent will see Dr. Karwande.  I think we are both a little anxious to see him and have him tell us everything Trent has experienced is completely normal.  We have already called his nurse a couple of times to get a little reassurance from her.  :)  It is hard to know what to expect and what is normal after such a big surgery! 

Little by little Trent's body is recovering.  He has had to shave twice now!  It is like he is 14 again with the scraggly facial hair-usually gross but oh so beautiful now!  He is getting a little-and I really mean little-hair on his head.  You can't really see it yet but he does have a hair or two that are about 1 inch long!  I keep a close eye on his eyelashes and eyebrows.  I can't wait for those to come back!  He will start to look a whole lot more like Trent when he has eyelashes and eyebrows! 

So Trent just needs a little more time to heal and I just need a little more time in the day!  I really need to add a bunch of pictures to the blog but just haven't found the time to do it yet.  I will stop slacking and get that done!

2 comments:

  1. I slept and slept after my lung surgery (they don't let you in the hospital) and it felt so good to just lay around and not have to worry about anyone telling me to "get up and get moving!) Couldn't eat much either and that contributes to the weakness. All I wanted was fruit and more fruit. Mostly melons. It's been 18 months and I still get sore inside if I overdo. Also, my Dr. told me a pet scan would be ineffective after surgery because it most likely show a false positive. ?? I've never had one. Chest x-rays every 3 months for the 1st year. I've wanted to suggest what to expect at this point but all cases are different and our ages are different as well. It's all still playing mental games on me. Still don't feel like the old, happy me. Hope this helps a little. I feel for Trent. Makes me sad to know how this feels for him. It can't be rushed, that's for sure. Rena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow is okay. Slow is actually good. Our bodies are really great at pacing us. Just go with what feels right, push a little more each day and eventually strength will return. You will run and play again. I see some hoops on your horizon! Hey...I can't get up in the morning either...perhaps there is some genetics playing games here. Teehee. LOVE YOU GUYS.

    ReplyDelete