Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hard Week

Gemcytobine has, in the past, been okay.  But this week it hit Trent hard.  He has been in bed since Tuesday but was able to be up for church today.  He has had some difficulty with swelling this week.  We started him on Lasix last week and when he went for chemo Monday Grace told us to double the dose because it was not being effective yet.  So, we did that and then watched Trent's blood pressure go crazy.  114/44 is pretty scary.  So then it was a juggling act trying to balance the swelling and the blood pressure and how to treat each.  We were disappointed but not to surprised that this week was hard.  Trent has not had much of an appetite all week  long but today he slicked up his plate twice and  then finished off the kid's plates too.  That was a good sign and he seemed to be doing much better this evening-just in time for more chemo tomorrow!  It makes me sad that he is sick all week and then feels better for one day before it all starts over.  The way he keeps on going impresses me.  He has a determination that runs deep and gives me the strength to keep going too.  He is not a perfect patient.  He can be honery and mean and impatient.  But I don't even want to think about how mean and ugly I would be if I had to endure all the pain and discomfort that he does.  I know he is the one to have cancer because he is able to handle it so much better than I would.  As I watch him endure this trial I love him more and more.  He is my rock, and I love him to LIFE!

4 comments:

  1. You are both amazing! I hope this week is much, much better. Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love him to life too! Nathan said Trent called just after Midnight.. I guess that put a smile on Nathan's face.. That is great! Good Luck this week.. You are in our thoughts and prayers....... Love you in bunches(this is Suzy on Alyssa's account... )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you all to life too. No one could take care of me if I had cancer. They would just have to put me away and hope for the best. I would like to think I would be more tolerant than Juanita....but I just don't know. I can hardly endure a pain or two in my joints so I would not be a good patient. Kudos to you, Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of you inspire me. Trent is such a strength, and Holly, you do more then you think. Taking care of someone who is sick is the job for an angel. You are doing an amazing job! We love you all and are praying for you!!

    Brittany and T.J.

    ReplyDelete