Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Update

Trent had an MRI on Wednesday on his hip to check for more cancer.  Nothing.  Yeah!  All they noted was scar tissue which will continue to form for the next couple of years.  The doctor was absolutely estatic when he saw Trent's incision.  It has healed beautifully.  There ARE two stitches left which they gave me permission to pull when Trent is ready for that.  He he he!  He better learn to trust his personal nurse a little more!  Dr. Jones asked if he could watch Trent walk so Trent paraded up and down the hall for him and his team.  I stayed in the exam room but could see what was going on.  The three doctors and Nancy, the nurse, had their jaws on the floor.  All I heard was, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" over and over.  They were stunned that he could walk as well as he can without a cane.  Dr. Jones said that people just don't heal like that.  He really did not expect Trent, after losing the biggest muscles in his body, to be able to walk so well.  I was beaming!  It was so nice to hear such positive things.  Trent thanked Dr. Jones for all he has done.  Dr. Jones replied, "Oh, my part was minimal."  I pointed to Trents giant incision and said, "No it was NOT!"  Then Trent chimed in, "Yeah, it was maximus and medius!"  I laughed right out loud!  I was very impressed he could come up with that with chemobrain!

I was supposed to write all the details on Wednesday when we got back home.  But Trent had other plans.  He ended up with a fever and horrible chest pains all night long, so it was a little hectic.  I kept taking his temperature every ten minutes or so, watching him like a hawk.  I ended up calling the on call oncologist and we agreed to watch it and wait for a little longer.  The fever broke around 2 am.  Since then he has had chest pain off an on.  It makes me nervous but I try to convince myself that is the feeling of cancer being eaten up in his lungs. 

So tomorrow we are back for the second dose for Round 8.  If the pattern repeats itself he should be feeling pretty crappy on Thanksgiving.  That is so sad because he seriously has been looking forward to this for a very long time! 

2 comments:

  1. The news on his hip is AWESOME!!!! I love his sense of humor too! Way to beat it!! I hope that Thanksgiving will still be enjoyable for your family, despite the nastiness of chemo. My mom and Julie really enjoyed being able to see Trent, Joellynn and your family at church a couple weeks ago. I wish I could have been there too! Love you guys! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for the impovements. Soon he'll be able to toss the cane for good. Or he can keep it to hit people like Grandma Myers used to do. I am sure he could knock a few folks around. Hope today wasn't too bad and that the chest pains subside. Stupid cancer. Of course, we are hopeful it will stay stupid!! Not to outsmart his treatment. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete