Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Monday, October 25, 2010

The Tumors are Shrinking!

Consider this shouting from the rooftops!   The tumors are SHRINKING!  We are a million times past estatic about this news.  We were both really anxious but I felt really good about coming today.  We had labs at 11:30, Scan at 11:45 and then waited. And waited. And waited. Then waited some more. 

We had a little snack then settled down to kill some time.  Trent napped and I did my Larabee work.  By 1:45 we were about crazy so we went to our Dr. appt hoping for some fast action today.  It didn't quite work that way but at about 2:50 Dr. Gouw and Grace, his PA came in the room.  Grace was behind Dr. Gouw and she snuck us a thumbs up sign and whispered to Trent as she passed that it was good news.  I didn't know what to do!  Then Dr. Gouw finally said the words we had been longing for.  "The tumors are shrinking.  And what's better than that, there are no new lesions."  Trent jumped up and hugged him and Grace.  I started bawling.  Trent started crying.  Happy tears. Finally happy tears! 

We will do two more rounds of chemo and then another scan on December 6. At that point, hopefully we will look at surgery to remove what is left of the tumors.  We are still working on our goal of  being cancer free by Christmas.  The news we got today is going to go along way for us.  We really needed some good news and today was fantastic! 

Dr. Gouw told us that a good part of our success was due to our attitudes.  However, I beg to differ...I fully believe that our prayers have been heard and answered.  Your prayers have been heard and answered.  Thank you so much for all the prayers and fasting on our behalf.  That is where the good attitude comes from.  Knowing we have so much support and a loving Heavenly Father who know us each individually and knows how badly we needed a 'W' in the column today!

The battle wages on....

23 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! YEAH!!! YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy SHEESH we are ecstatic too! This is the best news ever! So happy for you guys!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Heavenly Father. I would love him no matter what because I trust him. But I am in adoration of Him. I am thankful beyond expression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop smiling! What a wonderful day!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such good news! Brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart just skipped a beat!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been waiting all day to finally get to my computer and read the news!! Thanks so much for sharing such a priceless moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so great to hear good news about Trent. You are all in our prayers. As an outsider with just a glimps of what you are going through I'm so impressed at how you are handling this all. What a refiners fire.
    We love you all. - Craig Smith family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray Holly and the Gang!! Finally some laughter and tears of joy; You are on a Faith Ride that I personally doubt I could handle. I think both you and your Doctor are correct about Trent's condition; Faith and Attitude, who can beat that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. YIPPEEE!!! hang in there- we're so thrilled for some good news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME!!! Keep it up,guys! Hang in there, Trent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo hoo! We are so happy for you guys! That news is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is wonderful! We are praying for you all. May the Lord continue to bless you and keep you in his comforting arms.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful to hear!!!!
    oh my, the greatest hugs to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I texted Trevor Monday afternoon to get the news and couldn't have been happier! It was much needed and welcomed good news! The prayers will continue!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!! I am so happy for you guys! What a bittersweet week this has been for us! This wonderful news for your family is WONDERFUL news for our family as well! We love you guys!
    I a so thankful to know that our Heavenly Father is mindful of us! He loves us. He knows what is best for us! He watches over us! He answers our prayers! Where would we be without HIM? We LOVE you all! Keep up the fight!! You are always in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is so amazing! what wonderful news. you're an inspiration to us and we always look forward to reading your lastest posts. You will continue to be in my prayers. Thanks for being such an example of faith, strength and courage!

    ReplyDelete