Feed your FAITH and your fears will starve .

Monday, April 16, 2012

The Prayers of Children

I know there are many, many children praying for Trent everyday.  It always makes me tear up a bit when I hear about it.  There is something about the simple faith of a child making a daily plea to Heavenly Father that makes my heart go mushy and my eyes leak!  Meet Zane...he is my youngest cousin out of 69.  Yes, I have 69 cousins on my mother's side.  I am number nine out of 70 grand-kids.  Zane has been praying for Trent three times a day and didn't even know who Trent was.  So, yesterday while we were at a family party, Zane finally got to meet Trent.  He was so cute!  He was kind of shy which made my heart melt even more.  It was like he was meeting a celebrity of sorts.  Trent told him how much it meant to him to have Zane pray for him.  And of course, I had to get a picture!  It was really sweet.  :)

Trent and Zane

Notice the shaved head?  Trent finally let me fix it up a bit.  I intended to just trim everything because Trent didn't want to be bald again.  I trimmed half of his head and Trent got frustrated and said to just shave it all.  I was kind of sad to do it but it was looking so scraggly!  

We should be hearing today about the MRI on his hip from last week.  We are just a bit nervous but we expect it will be fine.  Hopefully we will know a definite surgery date soon.  

Trent had a pretty good week with a few ups and downs.  We got to visit Mark, our fellow sarcoma warrior, and catch up with him.  Saturday Trent went to four soccer games for our kids and a movie with Megan. He was kind of pooped after that but was better by Sunday morning for the mission homecoming for my cousin.  We are using every moment we have and trying to experience as much as possible with our family before surgery.  It is nerve racking to think about what is still in front of us.  I am not sure we have gotten through the hardest part yet.  Because of that I am continually amazed and grateful for the feeling of peace that we have.  No matter what happens, we are at peace.  It must be all those prayers...thanks Zane!

1 comment:

  1. Surgery. I had it down for Monday the 23rd. Let me know of any change.

    Brent from the Huntsman

    ReplyDelete